Thread: Clever Saw

Clever Saw

This company made some very nice machines once. Sad to see them go.

Blog Entries
    A very clever saw, but the table top is quite small. It looks like it might be priced out of the range a hobbyist would pay.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I have watched for one of those to come up for sale on this side of the pond for years just because I was curious. Cool kit.

Interesting design, but I hope it works and sounds better in real life.
    The turntable sounds like it has gravel bearings, and I noticed he either didn't lock the table down in tablesaw mode,or it doesn't have a lock. Seems the adjustments required a bit of muscle as well.
    It does look like it could be an excellent multi use job saw, but the base looks like it weighs a 1000 lbs- not the normal portable machine.
    So, you are saying the company has folded?
    I think there are other Euro, or German makers of a similar design that we do not see over here.

That's an interesting tool. Thanks for posting it Peter! I didn't know about these.
    Fred

Virutex currently produces a similar function mitre / saw bench. Seems ideal for flooring work where parts aren't all that wide. $750.00 USD.

Bosch GTM 12 JL

Cool tool... but you do not need go to "exotic" brands to get one... a lighter version is offered by Bosch:

GTM-12_dyn_web_600x450.jpg

I found that in Brazil but it looks you can also get them from D&M Tools in UK...

The above table is something small but it looks good enough for ripping as for cross cuts you will be using the lower table...

They can be an interesting tools for some people...

Elu had a similar flip saw - the TGS171.

You see these in a few Euro shops but the preferred job site saw over there is the Mafell Erica. I would like to find a all metal vintage model. The new accessories fit the older ones.
    New Erica.jpg
    Old Erica.jpg