Thread: Stanley #55 plane thumb screw with shoulder

Stanley #55 plane thumb screw with shoulder

Ouch! Lost one they are 1/4-32 UNEF x 1/2"
    Will have to manage without for now; any ideas on how to get a die that size?

2. I'd ask at st james bay tool.

Blog Entries
    This vendor has a lot of odd taps and dies. It might change from time to time:

http://www.victornet.com//subdepartm...-1-2/1350.html

If something isn't listed it may show up later. The list seems to be kept current. They also are good to work with over the phone.

My recollection is they have a $25 dollar minimum order. That may have changed. Look for a few other things you can use.

My suggestion would be to double check the threads on the screw you need. The three thumb screws with shoulders on my #55 were all just checked and have 28 threads per inch.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    This vendor has a lot of odd taps and dies. It might change from time to time:

http://www.victornet.com//subdepartm...-1-2/1350.html

If something isn't listed it may show up later. The list seems to be kept current. They also are good to work with over the phone.

My recollection is they have a $25 dollar minimum order. That may have changed. Look for a few other things you can use.

My suggestion would be to double check the threads on the screw you need. The three thumb screws with shoulders on my #55 were all just checked and have 28 threads per inch.

jtk
    As I mentioned in another thread, that vendor has extremely competitive prices for US-made tools. I was in the market for wire-gauge, taper-length twist drills anyway, so I took a flyer on one of their sets today. I'm looking forward to seeing how it is.

Going to get a die 1/4-28 and make my own thumb screw Thanks for your help