Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Light Bulb Retribution

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Herman View Post
    I will only ever buy the Cree stuff now. They are sending me a new bulb, no questions asked to replace one that went out!
    i got my replacement in about a week. They really do stand behind their product!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Herman View Post
    i got my replacement in about a week. They really do stand behind their product!
    Did you have to include a receipt? Have a number of failed Cree LED A-lamps, but tossed the receipts, as a whole LED's don't do much better then CFL's in terms of lifespan but like them better just because LED lamps come up to full brightness immediately. BTW, the worst lifespan was Utilitech from Lowes, but they did refund my money, so have to give them credit for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollie Meyers View Post
    Did you have to include a receipt? Have a number of failed Cree LED A-lamps, but tossed the receipts, as a whole LED's don't do much better then CFL's in terms of lifespan but like them better just because LED lamps come up to full brightness immediately. BTW, the worst lifespan was Utilitech from Lowes, but they did refund my money, so have to give them credit for that.
    I hope your Utilitech failure was a one-off. I bought two Utilitech 4 Ft. LED tubes that work with or without a ballast. I put them in a 20+ year old fixture after removing the ballast. So far so good, 2 tubes for $11, price good 'til January 2018. The tubes came with a sticker to apply to the fixture stating that the ballast had been removed from the fixture. The sticker also had the manufacturer's name on it, it was certainly not Utilitech but some Chinese outfit.
    Last edited by Curt Harms; 11-19-2017 at 7:57 AM.