Thread: corel draw

corel draw

I bought this tonight the new one 2017
    Anyone give me a run down on proceedure to the fiber from an AI file and why you want to use it I so far feel it was a waste of money unless I am missing a bitmap convertor or a special function it gives you .

Thanks
    Triumph TF20-M 30 watt fiber laser system
    More to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by ian mcfarland View Post
    Anyone give me a run down on proceedure to the fiber from an AI file and why you want to use it I so far feel it was a waste of money unless I am missing a bitmap convertor or a special function it gives you .

Thanks
    Export to a DXF file an older version as EZCad does not support the newer releases or for engraving sometimes a BMP file. Yes an older version of CD would have worked just fine. I use X6, once again a Search on here would bring this up.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by ian mcfarland View Post

Thanks
    Export as an ai file, version 8 works fine. I’ve never had a problem with ai files and ezcad.

I have read a lot on here, seems there is some cleanup things corel can do but I cannot find them in the menus anyone know where to find them or access them??
    Triumph TF20-M 30 watt fiber laser system
    More to come.....

Blog Entries
    If you want to work in Corel Draw, and since you have it, you should, the best thing you can do is go do a search on youtube for Doug Green. He has a long list of short (most 1-3 minutes long) videos dealing with Corel Draw and mainly CO2 Epilog lasers. 95% is transferable to Any CO2 laser as most deal with things that we do with images/text that will transfer to the fiber laser also. A few are Epilog specific, but you can tell quick. Go spend a day watching a bunch of them, searching for anything specific you need.

Others out there, but in my opinion, he's the best.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    If you want to work in Corel Draw, and since you have it, you should, the best thing you can do is go do a search on youtube for Doug Green. He has a long list of short (most 1-3 minutes long) videos dealing with Corel Draw and mainly CO2 Epilog lasers. 95% is transferable to Any CO2 laser as most deal with things that we do with images/text that will transfer to the fiber laser also. A few are Epilog specific, but you can tell quick. Go spend a day watching a bunch of them, searching for anything specific you need.

Others out there, but in my opinion, he's the best.
    Ditto its got a pretty steep learning curve especially if you have never worked with a graphics program before.
    Last edited by Bill George; 10-31-2017 at 5:40 PM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10