Thread: Tie Rack

Tie Rack

My day job requires that I wear a tie. The tie rack my wife bought has run out of space for the collection of ties that keeps growing. Any advise on a rack design or what to use for hooks so that I don't get splinters or metal stains on my ties? I would prefer something that can hang on the closet rod.

My advice is get rid of some of those old ties.

Tie rack manufacturers have all been driven out of business by Fathers Day present makers. Many of those creations can be bought at estate sales in almost unused condition, and others are in completely unused condition. Some of them have clever train shaped "boats" to hold to gravy ,well known for its ability to cover stains.

Blog Entries
    I have one that was a gift many years ago that holds a lot of ties. It is essentially a wooden suit type hanger.
    hanger.jpeg
    The ties hag off the dowel on these:
    tie hook.jpg
    To make your own you might have to change the dowel size in the hanger to fit the hooks.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Commiserations Kyle. I have one tie I have in case of a funeral. More seriously, I used to wear them and had what was essentially mini towel rails inside the wardrobe doors. Cheers

Blog Entries
    Speaking as on e who once wore a suit every work day, I roll my ties and put them in a drawer. This lets the material relax when not in use and survive the rigors of being tied, time and again. I never did find a hanging solution that was space efficient enough. When you wear a tie regularly you acquire quite a few.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Now retired, I really should purge my collection. I have a few in excess of holder capacity and just doubled up on the pegs. The holder I have has brass pins sticking out on each side of a strip of wood with the typical hanger hook. Simple and effective.
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!