Thread: cartridge cleaning wing

cartridge cleaning wing

hi
    i want to add a cleaning wing for my cartridge filtercleaning_wing.jpg
    i have an issue
    since my vac works in negative pressure, i.e the blower is conected to the clean air cartridge outpit, will the pulses damage the blower ?
    if this may work i think to eliminate the cyclone amd use single stage cartridge with pulse cleeaning. just like commercial systems.

any commemts or thoughts?

thanks
    felix

More details please! Are you saying your vac pressurizes your filter? I am not comprehending what you are trying to say.
    Let's set the ground rules: vacuum machines work because they create negative pressure also refereed to as vacum or suction pressure, and in Dust Collection Systems it is called Static Pressure.
    The output of the suction side that goes into your filter is positive pressure.
    Where are the pulses coming from?
    The concept of the Cyclone is to separate the dust from the air stream, the by product is that by separating the dust and chips they collect in a collection bin never making it to a filter to be be constantly cleaned by pulsed air.

We seem to have a language Barrier.

It's a variation on reverse pulse filter cleaning that I haven't seen before. Speaking from experience operating large commercial systems - 30,000cfm and dozens of cartridges - pulse cleaning does not impact on your blower provided that it pulses ie not continuous. However, if you have a cyclone, I would keep it and maybe just filter the exhaust air if it you want to. Cheers

I worked in an aerospace plant where the large parts were sanded in booths. The air and dust was sucked through the cartridge filters and then exhausted back into the plant. The filters were pulse cleaned with blasts of compressed air. They sounded like gunshots when they pulsed and were so irritating that they were only cycled at the end of the day or during lunch breaks when working 3 shifts. The OP's "wing" might be quieter. Felix how is it rotated to blow the air through the pleats? By a motor or allowed to pinwheel from the air jets? If with the air jets how are you going to limit the speed of the spinning wings? Personally I would use a cyclone and blow the filters manually when needed to avoid the complexity of the continuous cleaning system and the high volume of compressed air needed too.

Felix,

Forgiveme for my ignorance of cleaning filters as you suggested, this is totally new to me.
    After reading follow up post it makes sense to me.

Lane

I believe that the pulse mechanism for removing dust from the filter is mechanical, i.e. a shock wave. It does not result in any substantial reversal of air flow through the filter surfaces. A hammer blow would be similar but unlikely to be as effective (and could damage the filter frame). Hope this is to the point of your question.
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

thanks to all of you for the answers

lately i saw the filter bags are a solution I neglected, due to my prejudice (i.e. the cartridge solution is supirior).
    so my cartridge cleaner will wait.
    If I'll find somthing interesting, i will post it

cheers
    felix