Thread: Engraving problem need your help

Engraving problem need your help

Well I'm having a problem with my laser in scanning mode, maybe somebody else has had this problem already, and can help, or any suggestions
    It seems when I'm engraving the edge that leads in is under powered which can be seen in the pictures I added,
    these engraved rectangles are 1/2''x 1'' engraved at 300 mm/s at 40% power
    eeee.jpgUntitlede.pngUntitlede.png
    the green box was done in X_unilateralism mode so the right side is not very sharp looks like it just didn't engrave as deep or as much power
    the left side is nice and sharp all the way to the end.

The blue box was done X-swing the picture is not very sharp but the first line on the right is not very sharp to begin with but the end is nice and sharp then the lines alternate the rest of the way down.
    The rest of the boxes were just samples that I was playing with

I feel that its not a lens mirror issue but rather a software or machine since its always the leading edge.

The last image shows the preview screen in RDworks it shows a pink line on the beginning of the first line and the end of the second line which is also kinda were it doesn't engrave properly
    any help would be appreciated so I can quit pulling out my hair
    Trotec Speedy 400 80 watt

I have not had much luck with speeds that fast. The glass tubes simply don't seem to be able to ramp up fast enough. My Epilog was much better in this regard.
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

Blog Entries
    That would be my thought as well, slow down, way down to say 100mm/s and see if it doesn't get a lot better.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

I will try that I never went below 300 for some reason, tried 300-600 and results were pretty much the same.
    maybe I can quit pulling my hair out

Cheers it looks like that is what my problem was, I haven't done a lot with it since but works a lot better, Thanks both of you

simply put- it shouldn't be like that, might be an accel/decel adjustment will help?

Also- you state the lead-in is underpowered-- however, your unilateral test shows the weak side on the right, and *typically* uni engraving starts at the left and stops at the right... if this is true, then it's the 'lead out' that's weak; the laser power rolling off too early. Again, an accel/decel adjustment may help..
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

My machine if I do the uni engraving it starts on the right and engraves to the left which I might be wrong but I believe that could be changed.
    I have included a picture of the Sweep Parameters not sure but I assume that is where accel/decel adjustments would be
    Maybe somebody can see if my settings are wrong, on the other hand it's probably different on every machine.

So for I have been impressed with how my machine cuts and what it can cut compared to what I had,

If your uni starts from the right then yes the lead IN power is on the light side. Obviously I've not seen every machine uni engraving!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle