Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Indoor Clear Finish on Cherry

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson Howe View Post
    It seems many have poo pood this, but I think the endurovar instructions call for applying only over raw wood, i.e. no shellac.

Nelson
    Actually, inn the FAQ of the instructions (see link in #3 above) it says ...
    • Can I use shellac under the Enduro-Var? No, if you need to lock in dye, use only one light coat, dewaxed, 1# cut, and sand before applying for adherence.
    Last edited by Bill Adamsen; 11-05-2017 at 7:33 PM.
    "the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.” Confucius

Saw the Sealcoat label in the shop this morning. For the project, since it is the inside of a doored and drawered utility closet, I may just use the Sealcoat and stop there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.” Confucius

The Sealcoat is actually a good product for this purpose. It will be glossy, but that's not generally an issue on the inside of a piece that is only viewed when one is loading or unloading something from a drawer or cabinet. It's also a relatively good moisture barrier and really easy to maintain if it gets dinged.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...