Thread: WOW TimberWolf Bandsaw Blades

WOW TimberWolf Bandsaw Blades

Having read quite a few reviews about TimberWolf Bandsaw blades I finally decided to buy a couple to see just how good they are. Man am I Impressed! I can`t believe what a difference these blades make. I got a 3/8" x 3PC and a 1/2" x 2AS and I am Truly Impressed at not only their clean and fast cutting ability but at how the 1/2" is so much better than the three 3/4" other brand blades I have for re-sawing my re-claimed wood! This blade makes Short work of cutting my Large trunks and limbs. Color me Impressed!
    I may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Good. I have had good luck with them also. Years ago a couple failed at the weld, and they replaced them, no problem, at a WW show.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

I have one on my 20 inch saw right now and it cuts great. It's the 3/4 x 2/3 VPC I've been cutting Mostly dry redwood and it's very fast.
    How it going Rick are you liking the cooler weather? Are you using your new saw?
    Aj

Blog Entries
    I've been running them for quite some time. Their blades and the flutter method are pretty much my standard for bandsaw use. I run them on 10", 14" and 17" saws.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Ive been using them for 10 years. Love 'em.

Funny, I bought 2 blades, 1 3/4 for my 17 inch band saw and 1 3/8 for my 14 inch. The 3/8 blade is perfect, but the 3/4 has a lot of radial run out. I called timber wolf and they promptly send me another blade, which is worse! I called them again to which i got no response.that said it cuts beautiful. Only problem is I can't keep the guide bearings adjusted.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 11-05-2017 at 7:25 AM.

Hi Andrew,

Got the band saw situated with the new base, just need to run the cord up the wall to the ceiling plug. I think it will reach.

The new Grizz slider is almost together, on it's new base, but I have been sick for over a week, and not much is getting done around here. Hope to finish both soon.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

I pretty much "standardized" on the 1/2" 3 tpi Timberwolf blade long ago based on how I generally use my MM16. I do have other format blades, but they rarely get used. I did get a "bad one" a few years ago, but Suffolk cheerfully replaced it.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Glad the OP is happy, as many others appear to be, too. My luck with TW blades was quite different, however. I had a 1/4" and a 1/2" one both break in only a few weeks/months of light use on a 14" Delta that can't over tension a blade if it wanted to. I set them up using TW's flutter test method. The breaks were not at the welds. I've never had another blade break, before or since. As far as cutting, the 1/4"x 4 tpi (?) one cut amazingly well but the 1/2" blade refused to cut straight no matter where I set it on the wheels.

John

I'm a bit surprised at the glowing reviews, too, although I haven't personally tried a TW blade. Other accounts have led me to believe that their Swediah steel doesn't stay sharp for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Decker View Post
    I'm a bit surprised at the glowing reviews, too, although I haven't personally tried a TW blade. Other accounts have led me to believe that their Swediah steel doesn't stay sharp for long.
    This was my experience. So for normal everyday work, I went back to regular old carbon steel blades welded from Starrett stock. Lenox flexback is okay too.
    Just found nothing magical about TW blades, though their website is a good one, and makes it easy to select and order.

So far, mine break when I've done something I shouldn't have. I have read other reports of breakage like the ones folks mention above. So it definitely does happen.

Mine stay sharp a long time. (Could be I'm just too dumb to notice they've dulled? ) Like a lot of things, the user experience might vary across the user spectrum though.

Fred

Had good luck with the T-wolf blades myself.

I really like that they keep all your information, what saws you have & the bands you buy. Less I have to keep track of.

Just tell them what your cutting and they spec the band.

Ed

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post
    Glad the OP is happy, as many others appear to be, too. My luck with TW blades was quite different, however. I had a 1/4" and a 1/2" one both break in only a few weeks/months of light use on a 14" Delta that can't over tension a blade if it wanted to. I set them up using TW's flutter test method. The breaks were not at the welds. I've never had another blade break, before or since. As far as cutting, the 1/4"x 4 tpi (?) one cut amazingly well but the 1/2" blade refused to cut straight no matter where I set it on the wheels.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Decker View Post
    I think this is valuable input. Just like when someone has issues with their "brand x" drill press or router bit. Our reports on experience with items is what is valuable. For all the folks that have good luck with tool "A" there will be someone who does not. For the person looking for data in order to make a decision, good and bad reports are all of value.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I think this is valuable input. For the person looking for data in order to make a decision, good and bad reports are all of value.
    I agree Glenn!