Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: About to lose my trying to assemble Snap Loc pipe

Onieda is where I sourced the 24ga pipe. They sell it in 48" lengths for anyone who is shopping for that. I read conflicting accounts of the best recommended gauge to use. In hind sight, I kind of wish I had gone with 26ga as it sounds easier to work with and should still be heavy enough for my 3hp cyclone.

I actually tried the zip tie method but didn't have success with it. I bet it would work well on 26ga material though.

After dealing with all of this, i'm happy with the result but if I had to to it over, I might try and spring for Nordfab. I don't have a very elaborate DC system yet and I'm extending it as needed so the cost spread out over time wouldn't have been that painful. Oh well, I'm breathing a lot easier in my shop now.

Blog Entries
    I snapped a bunch of 24ga together yesterday. It was not easy, but what I did was hold the end with clamps and put my weight over the center until it snapped together.

Some went quickly, some less so. All sourced from Oneida.

I’ll probably return to spiral duct next time but 4’ sections worked easier for my layout than 5’ pipes.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.