Thread: Having trouble getting going on a Gravo M20

Having trouble getting going on a Gravo M20

Hi, just purchased a 2 year old Gravograph M20 Jewel to add to my arsenal.
    Bought it to do rings and medals mainly, and also the chuck is ideal to be fitted to my Trotec for harder rings.
    Just having trouble getting going. Have this error coming up and not sure what it going on.
    Screen pic 1.jpg

If anyone can offer their thoughts that would be great. Yes, floating centre box is selected but previously tried with engrave from centre selected. Same.
    Regards,
    Roccet
    Trotec Speedy 300 Flexx
    Compress UV600s UV printer
    Gravograph M20 Jewel
    CorelDraw X7

Hi Rob,
    I have a search regularly on Gravograph and Gravotech but today I searched Gravo and well here I am.
    I hope you got this sorted it is a simple overflow error. Basically the engraving area is 100 x 100 (I think) and you have a 100 x 100 engraving area center justified positioned in the top left corner....she won’t fit. Either make the area smaller or position it in the centre.
    Phil.

To expound:
    jf.jpg
    this is your pic, with explanations of the 4 layout choice buttons:

Top-left justified: This means your job will be oriented from the top left corner of the machines FULL WORKING AREA. If you have a table with rulers along the left and top edges, this means if you draw up a 1x3 plate, it will need to be positioned in the top left corner of the table. If you DON'T have a table with stops, then you won't be using this option much...

Center Justifed- If this machine has a center clamp,and from what I see in pics it does, and is the 'default' engraving point (like my IS400). For MOST engraving using the center clamp, THIS IS THE OPTION YOU WANT, as everything is based on the X-Y clamp centerlines

Top left justfied with offsets-- This is when you're using top-left justificatin but need to offset the X and/or Y zero points for some reason (like to bevel)... Whatever dimensions entered in the X-Y boxes (to the the right of the option buttons) will move the engraving placement, to the right and down, by those amounts...

Center Justified with offsets-- This is what you have chosen, and here's the problem: This is used to manually enter a new centerline rather than the clamp's centerline- there are many reasons to do this- or not- which I won't go into right now -- but the reason your job won't work is because the machine thinks you want the dead-center of your engraving job to be located at 3mm from the working area's left edge, and 0 from the top edge, so everything is beyond the machine's boundaries...

To make your job work, you can do either: leave it in center justified-offsets mode and change the dims from 3mm and 0mm to 50mm and 50mm, which is the clamp's centerline. OR, the easiest is just change it to center clamp justified

Hope this makes sense!
    Last edited by Kev Williams; 03-23-2018 at 8:40 PM.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Spot on Kev.
    This should be a sticky note.
    I didn’t elaborate too much as the post was a few months old.

I never check the dates, oops!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle