Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LV Shooting Plane - Laughing heartily at myself

LV Shooting Plane - Laughing heartily at myself

So I was finally ready to buy the LV Shooting Plane, after lots of PMs to folks who have them and watching multiple threads here. Decided I'd spring for the extravagance. Went to order it and the one I want is out of stock until November 30! Hahahahaha! You just gotta love it!

So now, I'll wait for Christmas. Then it'll be a GIFT, not an extravagance.

Thanks again for all your advice on this buy, folks!
    Fred
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 11-07-2017 at 9:59 PM.

Well they have the plane in stock, and they have the blades in stock separately, they just don't have the blade you want in the same box as the plane. If you call LV and explain what you are needing, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that their customer service is willing to swap blades around and make what you want available now.

Thanks Greg. Looks like they have the left hand tool in stock but they're out of the right hand. I could make the lefty work, but prefer the other. Thanks for the idea though!

Fred

Ah, I see that now. I thought earlier that I had seen that the O1 RH was still in stock, but it must have been the LH model instead. Sorry!

And therein lies a brief moment when I feel lucky to be left handed

Fred, did you place the order though? They will still ship for free once the free shipping window is closed assuming an order was placed.
    "If you have all your fingers, you can convert to Metric"

Quote Originally Posted by Hilton Ralphs View Post
    Fred, did you place the order though? They will still ship for free once the free shipping window is closed assuming an order was placed.
    Thanks for that idea Hilton!

How have you been? We don't get to "see" much of you around here any more. I hope things are well in Johannesburg?

Best regards,
    Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Hilton Ralphs View Post
    ...because there isn't going to be another LV "free shipping" offer right around when the plane becomes available (Black Friday etc)? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    So I was finally ready to buy the LV Shooting Plane, after lots of PMs to folks who have them and watching multiple threads here. Decided I'd spring for the extravagance. Went to order it and the one I want is out of stock until November 30! Hahahahaha! You just gotta love it!

So now, I'll wait for Christmas. Then it'll be a GIFT, not an extravagance.

Thanks again for all your advice on this buy, folks!
    Fred
    I think I may have contributed to your dilemna. My wife told me to order something nice for my birthday since I had put in a lot of work into getting our house ready to sell (it sold). In any case, when I ordered, it said 'limited quantities'. I placed my order at 5pm central on the 7th. Sorry man

Quote Originally Posted by Noah Magnuson View Post
    I think I may have contributed to your dilemna. My wife told me to order something nice for my birthday since I had put in a lot of work into getting our house ready to sell (it sold). In any case, when I ordered, it said 'limited quantities'. I placed my order at 5pm central on the 7th. Sorry man
    Wow, that's 4 or 5 people who've just ordered that plane between the 2-3 threads on the topic. It's like a case study in "social contagion".

Funny. I hadn't even noticed the other threads. I just got my wife's directive and saw free shipping. Been sitting in my cart/wish list for about a year and a half now. Must be some shooting plane convergence in the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chase View Post
    ...because there isn't going to be another LV "free shipping" offer right around when the plane becomes available (Black Friday etc)? :-)
    Er no Patrick. Lee Valley has their Cyber Monday sale on the 27th but for this event you have to pay for shipping. Their next free shipping event is just after Christmas but I recall getting an email last year or the one before about a free shipping event before Christmas for select customers.
    "If you have all your fingers, you can convert to Metric"

So today I get home from work and what do I find? My Cyber Monday LV Shooting Plane!
    Oh, it's gonna be SOOOO hard to leave that bad boy alone until Christmas!

But I got it!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

You're tellin us you can't play with it till after Christmas!?!?!?

Such torture!

My Cyber Monday Right hand shooter arrived the Wednesday after the sale and i've been using it for everything i can think of, including shooting.

Only one problem..... I paid for a Blemished plane but i've yet to find the Blemish
    The significant problems we encounter cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.

The penalty for inaccuracy is more work

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hale View Post
    Only one problem..... I paid for a Blemished plane but i've yet to find the Blemish
    Hi Brian,
    I've bought 4 different "blemished" items from LV and have yet to find a single blemish.
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”