Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vacuum Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Boehme View Post
    I like using a street elbow rather than a straight connection to the rotary coupler. The right angle keeps the tubing from flapping around.
    Bill,
    It does vibrate some but wouldn't say it's flapping around. I'll eventually get one of the JT adapters but this should satisfied until then. Just trying to get away from a full tank of compressed air. Made a video clip but can't seem to get the link t appear.
    Last edited by David Delo; 11-18-2017 at 7:51 PM. Reason: link
    Member Turners Anonymous Pittsburgh, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Rutherford View Post
    Here’s a graph I find useful in determining holding power and estimate how much vacuum is too little or too much.
    Thanks for the useful info Dwight.
    Member Turners Anonymous Pittsburgh, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Rutherford View Post
    Here’s a graph I find useful in determining holding power and estimate how much vacuum is too little or too much.
    That's a nice chart. Saves calculating the area and remembering the conversion from inches of mercury to psi (.491)

The harder problem to answer is how much pressure is needed to keep from dislodging a given piece with typical turning forces, including catches. And how much pressure will cause a given piece to implode! So many variables, some not non-destructively measurable...

JKJ