Thread: Best auction enviroment.

Best auction enviroment.

Put this vase that I posted awhile ago in charity auction and had three bidders wanting it. Sold for 700 dollars. Not sure I would pay that.LargeVaseMixedWoods.jpgAround 900 pieces and about 16" high with diameter at widest of around 7".

Bob, $700.00, that's gotta make you feel good, and the fundraisers must have been pleased also? It's a very nice looking vase, I've never tried segmentation work.
    Len

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Coates View Post
    Put this vase that I posted awhile ago in charity auction and had three bidders wanting it. Sold for 700 dollars. Not sure I would pay that.LargeVaseMixedWoods.jpgAround 900 pieces and about 16" high with diameter at widest of around 7".
    Excellent! That's a healthy amount for your charity, congratulations. I'll bet they will be looking for you next time!

Let's see, that's about 78 cents a piece. Or $44 per inch of height. Or $100 per inch of diameter.

Congratulations on such a nice segmented vase and also for being so generous in donating it to the charity.
    Bill

Thanks for comments,
    I have been donating bowls, and vases to them for their yearly auctions for about 4 years, this one was the top prize. It seems people are linking the random types of wood.
    The Charity, Goodworks, has been repairing homes for people that need help, no cost to home owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Coates View Post
    Thanks for comments,
    I have been donating bowls, and vases to them for their yearly auctions for about 4 years, this one was the top prize. It seems people are linking the random types of wood.
    The Charity, Goodworks, has been repairing homes for people that need help, no cost to home owner.
    Good for you, Bob!

I've known turners with a house full of things they love so much they wouldn't think of giving one away. One guy in particular had every surface in the house and almost every wall full of beautiful bowls and platters and vases. He said his wife said something had to go - either some turnings or him! (I think he thought she wasn't serious.) Just think how much even a simple bowl would be enjoyed at a nursing home or assisted living place or how much money he could raise to help someone like you do.

JKJ