Thread: Tempest Dust collector finally up and running/ filter question

Tempest Dust collector finally up and running/ filter question

Was on couple weeks ago asking about how to install the filters. just wanted to say thanks to everyone who made suggestions. It is now up and running. What a relief to not have to run and turn on the dust collector, then run and turn it off.

The filters that came with the unit were packed with shaving and dust. Filled a 55 gal. trash bag and then some cleaning the filters. Spent lot of time blowing the filters out. Am considering replacing the filters but the cost is more than I have to spend on new ones.

Have read about bag filters and would like to get some input on which works better. Bag or canister

Is there a better way to clean the filters I have now, I just used air and used a light hammer and tapped on the sides.

Thanks again

Seasoned filter is what you want. Why do you think it needs changed?
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

When I bought the dust collector, the filters were packed with shavings because the previous owner had not emptied his catch can apparently for a long time. Even with all the time I spent blowing the shavings from the folds of the filter I can't believe I got all the dust particles out of the filter. Did seem to have all the chips cleaned out. Have to say even though I haven't used it much yet I haven't noticed any dust particles in the air when using my drum sander. So maybe it is good.