Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VERY clever idea, especially for small shops

Years ago, I made a timber frame for a straw bale house. A year or 2 later the owner told me the rodents sounded like they were running a racetrack at night.

This looks like a nice cart for my small shop......I just bought the plans and am going to try to adjust/modify to also use as an outfeed table for my tablesaw. I'm wondering if some of the parts could be welded up from tube steel to make the cart a little more robust.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley Gray View Post
    Years ago, I made a timber frame for a straw bale house. A year or 2 later the owner told me the rodents sounded like they were running a racetrack at night.
    That’s good to know! I mentioned to my wife that I would like to insulate my shop that way and she said the mice would like that.
    there are a few straw bale houses here.

Great cart but when I turn the top things will go everywhere.

Yeah, what he said!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Launier View Post
    Ingenious design indeed! However, despite all the room in that shop this cart limits one to doing only one aspect of work at a time. To me it would be more beneficial & time effective to allow concurrent work to go on by having multiple carts on casters with each cart dedicated to one or two aspects of work. I don't think I'd like to wait for the cart to free up to do something different with it.
    Agreed, I need all these functions at the same time, if not multiples of each. I love the design and execution. I could definitely see great utility in a certain type of environment.

Very clever..Thanks.
    Jerry