Thread: computer help

computer help

weird problem, my laptop isn't finding any web pages it just spins then gives me a time out.
    1. All other devices work fine.
    2. Laptop says its connected to the internet.
    3. I hard wired it and still will not load websites.
    4. Ran all the tests and they say no problems.
    5. HELP!!!! Please
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Reboot your laptop and your router. Do you have another machine in the house you can use, to see if your internet service to the house is the problem?

Blog Entries
    Don't forget to reboot your modem.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Try clearing your browser history if the above comments do not resolve it first. You don't mention what OS you are using, but it's possible you have a virus. I have fixed a few laptops years ago that had some nasty viruses that would modify network settings in an obscure area and prevent access to the internet.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Chance in Iowa View Post
    Try clearing your browser history if the above comments do not resolve it first. You don't mention what OS you are using, but it's possible you have a virus. I have fixed a few laptops years ago that had some nasty viruses that would modify network settings in an obscure area and prevent access to the internet.
    Usually when they do that, they will turn off your anti-virus too, so check that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    3. I hard wired it and still will not load websites.
    See if you are connected to the internet, but not connected to a "nameserver". In the address bar of your browser enter "http://216.58.219.46" and see if that gets you to a web page.

Thanks guys rebooted everything and its working again. I did reboot the laptop first but the that didnt work, doing the laptop, router and modem worked
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander