Thread: Quick-Set Dado

Quick-Set Dado

In the process of cleaning out and organizing a shop I inherited, I came across a rack full of blades for a Dewalt RAS. Among them was a Quick-Set Dado manufactured by C & G Tool Company of Costa Mesa, CA. It's almost identical to the old Comet Quick-Set Dados except it has 12 blades instead of 8. It adjusts to cut dados from 1/4" - 1 1/16" and is very sharp. The only info I can find is the patent drawings; nothing about the blade or the company. The RAS is in great shape and this blade would come in handy, but I don't want to use it without some knowledge as to its functionality. Does anyone have any experience or tips about using one of these?

I have no experience with this tool, but I found a couple of the Comet Quick-Set on Ebay. Those are mean looking instruments. They may be perfectly safe, but they would scare me to death running on a RAS. My old Craftsman wobble blade dado is scary enough. I know that's not much help. Sorry.

Stephen, a dado set for the radial arm saw should have a negative rake angle.

You can verify that yourself, in addition I would want a chip limitation type to avoid self feeding.

Regards, Rod.