Thread: woodpecker one-time tool

Blog Entries

woodpecker one-time tool

I know that WoodPecker's tools can be a bit gimmicky but I really do like their quality. But this one has me a bit confused. This thing is for accurately (very accurately) making holes for a multi-function table. What's the deal? Do the holes really have to be that accurate? Is this a solution looking for a problem?

https://www.woodpeck.com/hole-boring-jig.html

yah that is pretty cool - the spacing is important for those festool MFT tops - I have a right angle clamp jig for door glueups that I made that registers on 3 3/4" dowels that drops in the top where ever I need it - the replacements ones from festool are spendy - tool would pay for itself with the 2nd top

I might just order one - I like the idea of using baltic birch vs MDF anyway

3. Axminster tool makes a jig that does the the same thing and is a bit cheaper. I ordered it direct from them in the UK, but I think they now sell it at Lee Valley too. Cheaper than the woodpecker tool.

And the reason for accuracy is if you are using them to get right angles and the like. If it’s just for clamping, it obviously doesn’t matter.

This seems like a great tool to split between multiple people.

great looking tool. Got a lot of woodpecker stuff and all top notch. However, I did my design in cnc and just cut mine. If in the marked would be a great addition to he stable of other woodpecker tools. I'm going on 12 years on my PRL lift. Unreal.

I bet one could find a CNC shop and have them make something for cheaper. Wouldn't be as nice looking. Don't even need that make holes really, maybe 1/2 the size.

There are plenty of CNC Operators here at SawMill Creek who are capable of producing this fixture. If you can find one who will make it from solid surface material it would be far superior to wood. Most can simply machine a new top for you but if you prefer to have the means to make your own tops periodically the fixture is definitely nice to won.