Thread: About to order my first Fiber laser. Accessories?

About to order my first Fiber laser. Accessories?

I am ordering a RayFine 30w fiber laser. The only accessory im getting with it is the rotary. My main business is powdercoating and laser engraving tumblers (100w C02 Boss). I am looking to get my FFL and start engraving guns. I am thinking I need the fume extractor. It seems better than running a hose to a air pump. What is everybody else doing with their air? Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Can't you pipe into the current exhaust? or will you locate machine a distance away? I honestly don't exhaust my fiber, Yep, I should, and when it's running continuously, I will. It won't take nearly what a CO2 does. I've got a separate hose that I'll hook into my CO2 extraction.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

When I moved to 2 lasers, I put a T in the line with dampers on each line. So they can both be working or I can shut one off and the other open. A lot of the Fiber stuff needs little exhaust, but I do like to have it on when the sparks are flying. It reduces the mess/debris and draws the sparks away from the lens.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

It's going to be in a different room from my CO2. I'm going to go ahead and order the fume extractor.

Hey Tim, I'm new to laser and am up to The Tormec 300, 60 watt, Epilog Helix and Universal, all the same configuration 24" x 18". Got a bid on Universal 4.6 for $19,500 and saw a price for the 6.6 for $20,000. I'm a woodworker and teacher, but have zero
    idea on which is the best one to purchase. Ideally, I'd like to do high end wood lasered photos, and cut bodies for acoustic guitars.
    I posted for the first time and haven't seen anyone making any suggestions. I live in rural Alaska, on Prince of Wales Island, so this machine HAS TO RELIABLE, and easy to fix whatever machine it might be. ANY IDEAS on the subject would be great.

Fiber laser won't work on wood, sorry.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

I paid $13,500 shipped for my 100watt boss ls2436. They are a china build and america assembled laser. Their support isnt the best, but the laser has been good to me so far.