Thread: Trouble with 30w Fiber Laser

Trouble with 30w Fiber Laser

Hi all, newbie here. I've had my 30w fiber laser for 7 months and recently it started engraving a double image/ghost image. It does not do this everytime, but it is starting to do it more than not. I've reached out to the company and they said they are having their 'engineer' look into, but it's a Chinese company, so not sure when they will get back with me. Here are some images: https://photos.app.goo.gl/tkbPlez7KstPMk972 Anyone else had this problem?

I would say it either a connection to your galvo head or more likely a faulty galvo head, either way it’s going to need some level of taking apart and fixing , expect stalling tactics from China and then radio silence , at some stage people will offer local service on these but right now I don’t think there is much help available
    L Squared Lasers UK
    2 x Halo Lasers 20 watt fiber
    1 x Halo CO2 Galvo System
    1 x Shenhui 1512 80 watt
    3 x Electrox D40
    3 x electrox Scriba 2
    1 x Electrox Scorpion 40 watt Fibre
    1 x Epilog EXT36 75 watt.

Thank you so much for the advice. After reading this, we noticed there is a static-like sound coming from the galvo head. Everytime the static got worse, we could see the laser point jump around ever so slightly. We were able to do a remote session with our contact in China and the company is supposed to send us a new one since they offer a 2 yr warranty. I have no idea what could've caused it, and I've been losing money daily with my machine being down, but at least now I know what the issue probably is.
    Last edited by Michelle Eldreth; 11-16-2017 at 8:43 AM.

Good news! What brand of machine?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

DiHorse 30w Fiber

The noise your hearing is the normal sound of the motors in the head running, should not be all that loud. If it changes that is a big clue. So are they sending a new Galvo head, I hope? So I see they are sold on Amazon is that where you purchased from, if so you will have recourse.
    Last edited by Bill George; 11-16-2017 at 10:13 AM.

We had never heard that static sound before, over top of everything else running, but now you can hear it. It sounds like there is a radio somewhere in the background switching stations. Yes, they posted it on Amazon for us to purchase (I changed my review of the company last night on there to a negative review, if you see a bad review). I will change it back once we receive the working part. The guy said they will send a new galvo head, but it still has to come from Chine :\
    https://youtu.be/hqe7y1YVL4s
    Last edited by Michelle Eldreth; 11-16-2017 at 10:24 AM.

Well the noise I hear is very faint I need my hearing aids on to hear it! Yours is way louder I am glad they responded.