Thread: Source for brushed nickel hinges.....

Source for brushed nickel hinges.....

I can't believe sourcing 1.5 x 2", cabinet grade butt hinges would be so difficult, however, I've literally spent hours looking for 5 of these hinges unsuccessfully. I purchased some hinges from hardware source that seemed to fit the bill, however, when closed, there is a small gap. If mounted flush, the hinged surfaces would have a 1/16 gap between them which wont work for me. Brusso does sell such hinges in stainless steel, however, they're 125$ a pair and Id rather not spend 400$ on 6 hinges. The brass versions are only 60, however, the piece im building calls for brushed nickel or stainless hinges.

Is there any reliable source out there that I'm missing fellas?
    TIA
    Peter

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Thanks Rich. Those would pose the same problem unfortunately. I'm using them to hinge a large box essentially. If both leaves were recessed their thickness into the edges, the cabinet still wouldn't close flush such as with these hinges.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Check this website https://www.cabinetparts.com/c/hinge...-hinges#loaded

About 1/2 down the page are a couple brushed nickel
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by peter Joseph View Post
    Thanks Rich. Those would pose the same problem unfortunately. I'm using them to hinge a large box essentially. If both leaves were recessed their thickness into the edges, the cabinet still wouldn't close flush such as with these hinges.
    Just a thought, Matt Cremona recently made a box where he had exactly the same problem and he had a solution to make it close flush.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L89zVSq077g

Thanks Ken. I've checked through these guys inventory to no avail. I shouldve posted the pic of the brusso hinges above in my original post. Theyre for a replica of the studley chest so they have to be exact; the elongated screw holes wouldnt work and I cant use any finials either. Thanks very much for the resource though. I appreciate it.

Peter

I looked at the options Horton Brass has, and they all look about the same. https://www.horton-brasses.com/PB-405.asp This is basically a geometry problem. You need a hinge where the hinge plate thickness is one half the knuckle diameter. I suspect Horton Brass would make you some if they can. Could be less costly than Brusso, but you never know. Horton Brass is very accommodating and I would ask for sure before ordering the Brusso.

Thanks Brad. I'll check in with them. You explained the geometry problem better than I can. Thank you. The brass brusso hinges are 55$ compared to 130$ for the stainless. I found a plater who can nickel plate them for 15$ a hinge so that may be the cheapest option thus far.

Thanks for the advice Brian. I'm trying to not deviate from the original studley chest so using the techniques outlined by Matt wouldn't work in my case. Looks like a great video series though. Thanks for recommending it.

Peter