Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corel Help

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    I just seems that any time I have things smart filled they take way longer to load into the laser. Maybe I'm not using the smartfill correctly.
    Yeah, something else there. Smartfill doesn't make anything special, it just creates an object, just like every other object. The typical way I use Smartfill is to click on a bunch of small objects in something and then I weld them all together, so I end up with one shape for a larger object.

But overall, it doesn't create anything special that would cause any issues sending it over. It's simply a tool used to create objects. If I can find a good example of where I'd use it, I'll screen capture it and make a video to show you.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Scott the way I used smartfill this last time. I had a 1.5" wide piece of acrylic 12 " long. I had 2-1 mm wide rectangles 12" long and .75" apart. I smart filled the 1.5 " piece leaving the 1 mm rectangle , the I told laser to engrave the area that was smart filled, leaving 2 1 mm ridges 12 " long.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Yeah, something else there. Smartfill doesn't make anything special, it just creates an object, just like every other object. The typical way I use Smartfill is to click on a bunch of small objects in something and then I weld them all together, so I end up with one shape for a larger object.

But overall, it doesn't create anything special that would cause any issues sending it over. It's simply a tool used to create objects. If I can find a good example of where I'd use it, I'll screen capture it and make a video to show you.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Easy way

The tongue part of the graphic is not closed. If you an extra cusp node on one side close to the end of the line, you can pull the last node across to the other end and it will join up. the two parts can then be welded into one.
    Simplest way I know.
    Last edited by Hilton Lister; 11-19-2017 at 12:01 AM. Reason: spelling
    Hilton Lister. NZ
    GCC Spirit 60w. Meistergram 912, Gravograph IT, Old Roland Vinyl Cutter, Hand engraving, Retired

My solution would've been to draw rectangle and an oval than weld them to one object. Done quick and easy.
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

that might work but the tongue tip was cut with a stamp and has to be that shape to work. I haven't been able to duplicate that exact shape using corel. I'm not that great with corel as you can tell.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Might not be the problem here, but it's worth noting that Virtual Segment Delete only removes the top-most vector segment if there is more than one stacked up. Just something to keep in mind if it appears to not be working.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.