Thread: Home Depot Black Friday Deal Early DeWalt

Home Depot Black Friday Deal Early DeWalt

I have been looking for a good, 10 inch table saw for weeks on Facebook and Craigslist. Two deals, one ended up being a rusted up Rockwell Contractors saw, that looks so nice in the pictures the other was an abused Bosch 4100-9 that looked to have been used to cut roofing shingles.... and the guy was a no show twice.
    Done and over with used saws selling for nearly as much as new.

Local Home Depot this morning sold me one of the Special Black Friday deals. DeWalt DW745 bundled with their quick folding stand, not the roller one and on Special for $299. Since I am a veteran I asked for my discount, and 10 minutes later I was loading one up. Price before tax, $269.10, I almost feel guilty, not.

Got it out of the box and set up the saw to test run. First start on a 20 amp breaker and #12 wire tripped the C/B. Reset all was fine, it was a long boat trip. Cut a couple boards and it was great. Next step getting the stand completed just a couple parts to put on.

Observation, the Rip fence seems to be fine, just like the one in the store. Miter gauge, really.... not so great. Lucky I had purchased a super nice one to use on my band saw, it fit like a glove.

Vets this is your payback for all those 24 hour days and crappy food. Vietnam and other war vets.... nothing can pay you back thank you for serving.
    IMG_2264.JPGIMG_2262.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bill George; 11-16-2017 at 3:56 PM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Congrats on your acquisition, Bill!

Lookin' good Bill, congrats!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I was at Home Depot last night and looked at the Dewalt and other tool specials. You really need to read the "what's in the box" description. There was a Dewalt battery drill and impact diver kit on sale, but if you looked carefully, the new brushless motor technology kit was also on sale for US$20.00 more. Same with Milwaukee.

Bill, I’ve used that saw for a number of years now. Does everything I need it to do. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.
    More importantly, thank you for your service. It’s not said enough, and I hope like all heck you felt a warm welcome when you returned, and continue to know the gratitude we all have for protecting this great country!

Thanks Phil. But I never got shot at and was stateside. I had a large Craftsman 10 inch saw with the extensions, the updated rip fence and it was super and took up 1/2 (nearly) the shop it seems. This will work better as its compact yet powerful enough not to bog down. A lot less noise and vibration than the Craftsman. Primary use with my laser engraver to make signs, boxes and other projects... not building a house!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Thanks Phil. But I never got shot at and was stateside.
    Whoa. COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT! You did your job.

I also have that saw as a backup/field saw. It is very good. The fence benefits from attaching a wood extension on the cut side for rabbits and close cuts and yes, the miter gauge is worthless. I haven't explored it but I'm sure a sled could be made to make up for the sloppy miter gauge. I have always liked the saw every time I've used it.

Just wanted to add, I took the saw out of the box and was prepared for a long assembly and setup like my Craftsman table saw years ago. Nothing had to be done, even the blade was installed and all the parts were there and nothing broken!! It worked perfect out of the box, even the stand was just a 10 minute job. Yes its Made in Taiwan but my experience has been other than the US they are pretty darn good. Nice design, well constructed and I hope I can credit DeWalt engineering for that.

Mine was a floor model...so no assembly required. After burning a few pieces of cherry, I took the time to align it (not a bad job at all, and only needed a tweek). Burning gone. Works great.

Nice buy Bill. You're lucky - EVERY time I've tried to use my military discount with an item that is on sale HD has refused. Sale price or 10% off but not both.

Nice buy, but you are right to be skeptical of the exact SKU that you are buying. I went through this with the Black Friday special on a Dewalt 20VMAX kit a couple of years ago - it had smaller batteries than the equivalent kit available in the wild. It was still a good deal, but caveat emptor.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Pleas View Post
    Nice buy, but you are right to be skeptical of the exact SKU that you are buying. I went through this with the Black Friday special on a Dewalt 20VMAX kit a couple of years ago - it had smaller batteries than the equivalent kit available in the wild. It was still a good deal, but caveat emptor.
    FYI inside that huge yellow DeWalt box that had both the saw and stand in OEM boxes was the exact same DW745 sold online for $299 same motor same everything even the same bar code. Lowes wanted about $349 for the same saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Krawford View Post
    Nice buy Bill. You're lucky - EVERY time I've tried to use my military discount with an item that is on sale HD has refused. Sale price or 10% off but not both.
    It was not on Sale, everyday Low Price.... for Black Friday event even going on now!