Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad christmas.. Veritas

Sad christmas.. Veritas

I have been waiting for certain handplanes to be in stock like the Veritas Scraper Plane. It has been out of stock and now Dec 29th! Sigh. What is happening with the production line....?

Quote Originally Posted by john zulu View Post
    I have been waiting for certain handplanes to be in stock like the Veritas Scraper Plane. It has been out of stock and now Dec 29th! Sigh. What is happening with the production line....?
    Hi John -

The elves at Veritas are hard at work, trying to keep the pipeline full.

Part of our supply disruption has been the acceleration of our switch in handle materials (from Bubinga to Torrefied Maple) - we had been phasing it in slowly, when Bubinga went on the Cites II list unexpectedly - caught a lot of tool makers by surprise.

Then too - there are new products in the schedule, that create spikes in demand for shop time - the combination plane sucked a lot of hours out of our capacity.

I feel your pain - I'd really like to be able to sell you one. I even checked the Cyber Monday list for a scraping plane - but it was not among the 17 different planes that will be there on the 27th.

Cheers -

Rob

..."checked the Cyber Monday list ...but it was not among the 17 different planes that will be there on the 27th."

Stealth advertisement

Or, for some, a renewed hope in the face of despair...

I wonder if they have changed their system so that you have a bit of time to shop and check out before what you put in the basket is snatched by someone else.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Simon MacGowen View Post
    Or, for some, a renewed hope in the face of despair...

I wonder if they have changed their system so that you have a bit of time to shop and check out before what you put in the basket is snatched by someone else.

Simon
    Hi Simon -

You just gotta be quick....putting it in your basket does not reserve inventory - that occurs in the check-out process, when the order details hit our main system.

No practical way around it for us (and most others). I know ticket selling sites with give you 10 minutes or so to check out - but that won't work for product lines like ours.

Cheers -

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Lee View Post
    Hi Simon -

You just gotta be quick....putting it in your basket does not reserve inventory - that occurs in the check-out process, when the order details hit our main system.

No practical way around it for us (and most others). I know ticket selling sites with give you 10 minutes or so to check out - but that won't work for product lines like ours.

Cheers -

Rob
    Thanks Rob for confirming the same check out arrangement this year. I guess the only trick is not to be greedy -- I just want ... one combo plane, not two.

Alarm clock set for the big saving day!

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Lee View Post
    Hi John -

The elves at Veritas are hard at work, trying to keep the pipeline full.

Part of our supply disruption has been the acceleration of our switch in handle materials (from Bubinga to Torrefied Maple) - we had been phasing it in slowly, when Bubinga went on the Cites II list unexpectedly - caught a lot of tool makers by surprise.

Then too - there are new products in the schedule, that create spikes in demand for shop time - the combination plane sucked a lot of hours out of our capacity.

I feel your pain - I'd really like to be able to sell you one. I even checked the Cyber Monday list for a scraping plane - but it was not among the 17 different planes that will be there on the 27th.

Cheers -

Rob
    Thanks for the explanation. I hope the production issues will be resolved soon.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Simon MacGowen View Post
    Thanks Rob for confirming the same check out arrangement this year. I guess the only trick is not to be greedy -- I just want ... one combo plane, not two.

Alarm clock set for the big saving day!

Simon
    If you want to get a deal and just don't like the pressure, the discounted gift cards are the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah Magnuson View Post
    If you want to get a deal and just don't like the pressure, the discounted gift cards are the way to go.
    Thanks for the reminder!

I must get one this time.

Simon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prashun Patel View Post
    ..."checked the Cyber Monday list ...but it was not among the 17 different planes that will be there on the 27th."

Stealth advertisement

There's a list? Where does one find said list?

Hi Malcolm,

There’s no public list ... That way there’s no set expectation of any given product being there.

How are things going with you? Getting back to normal?

Cheers,

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    There's a list? Where does one find said list?
    Don't we all want to see the list

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by john zulu View Post
    Don't we all want to see the list
    Be sure to check it twice.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

He's making a list
    And checking it twice;
    Gonna sell at a very good price
    Robin Lee is having a sale

He knows you won't be sleeping
    He'll see that you're awake
    He knows it will be first come served
    So be quick for goodness sake!

O! You better watch out!
    You better not cry
    Better not pout
    I'm telling you why
    Robin Lee is having a sale

15. Oh great... I was getting all geared up for Black Friday, but now there's Cyber Monday to think about. Should I wait for Cyber Monday or burn the midnight oil on Black Friday?