Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice load of Cherry

Nice load of Cherry

Thought some may be interested. We have a large job in Cherry starting shortly and first load landed from the mill today. Was a very nice load. Lot of really figured material and a ton of super wide stock. Im sure we will be culling a lot of the juicy stuff to keep here in the shop.

20171117_101644.jpg20171117_101712.jpg20171117_102751.jpg20171117_104510.jpg

I'll be the first ... That's really nice Cherry !

That is some awesome looking material. If you don't mind what do you pay for bdft there?

Nice looking stuff! I’m impressed how well stacked and square it is.

Nice stack of lumber. Since it is likely poisonous, I feel you should provide me with your address so I can remove it from your vicinity and place it in my storage room for proper disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    Nice looking stuff! I’m impressed how well stacked and square it is.
    Matt, not sure of the name but they feed material into a framed bander type deal that keeps the stack super clean. We dont usually bring material in on a small trailer like this where the clean packs really show. We moved this material into a bay of the shop by hand so we saw every board as we were stacking. Peeling off 13", 14" and 17" boards was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilkins View Post
    Nice stack of lumber. Since it is likely poisonous, I feel you should provide me with your address so I can remove it from your vicinity and place it in my storage room for proper disposal.
    We didnt think of the Hazmat aspect, may have to call you in for disposal.

Am I jealous? NOT AT ALL.

I really am jealous!
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 11-17-2017 at 5:36 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Me too Ken, I wish a load of material like this was going into my own home lol. You know the old saying, a mechanic drives a klunker lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Am I jealous? NOT ATT ALL.

I really am jealous!

Yum!!!! Cherry be my favorite! And I'm really liking the "juicy" and/or "wide", too.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 11-17-2017 at 8:13 PM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

What part of WV are you from? I still have family down in Greenbriar County.
    Best regards,

Ron

You haven't really been lost until you've been lost at Mach 2!

That is nice looking! And SEEMS to be pretty flat and straight. Hoping those bands are not overly stressed and the pile doesn't "explode" when removed !

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Kellison View Post
    What part of WV are you from? I still have family down in Greenbriar County.
    We are right in the belly of the state. I call it "the black hole"

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    That is nice looking! And SEEMS to be pretty flat and straight. Hoping those bands are not overly stressed and the pile doesn't "explode" when removed !
    I cut the bands personally. Not an ounce of explosion. We have a couple of phenomenal suppliers. You dont put the effort into stacking and shipping a pack that looks like that just to have it explode into banana boards when the bands are cut lol.

20171117_144300.jpg

We had to hand stack the pack in our end bay (we dont run tons of 16' material). I wish we kept the pack as pretty as it was on the trailer but....

For cherry that nice, it would be worth driving down from MA with my 30' gooseneck for a few packs!!
    The only time I see stuff that nice is if we have time to saw it ourselves, or buy from a boutique supplier and bleed out our eyes at the price.
    Dang! That is nice stuff!