Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nice load of Cherry

Cherry is my favorite also although I always start with the rough stuff. Working with S4S must save a ton of time. Congrats and thanks for sharing.
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

Quote Originally Posted by peter gagliardi View Post
    For cherry that nice, it would be worth driving down from MA with my 30' gooseneck for a few packs!!
    The only time I see stuff that nice is if we have time to saw it ourselves, or buy from a boutique supplier and bleed out our eyes at the price.
    Dang! That is nice stuff!
    Thanks Peter. We were pleasantly surprised when it rolled in front of the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by David Utterback View Post
    Cherry is my favorite also although I always start with the rough stuff. Working with S4S must save a ton of time. Congrats and thanks for sharing.
    We work with a lot of rough too and your exactly right. Way too much work. We try to bring all our material in s3s and overthickness. Sometimes 13/16, sometimes just skip planed and we can often get 5/4 out of the skip material. Surfacing quantities of material without a SLR, monster planer (preferrably two side), and an ability to deal with trailer loads of chips is just way too much work for us. To pay a few cents a foot and not have to deal with all of that is a no brainer for us.

We just ran a bunch of rough popular and hard maple and it was miserable. Every time I say never again but sometimes there is no other option.