Thread: Replacement for 19” Grizzly bandsaw

Replacement for 19” Grizzly bandsaw

Some of your may remember the issues ive had with my my G0514x2, but if not suffice to say I’ve never really overcome its troublesome vibrations. I believe I’m fast approaching a point where I’m tired of working around it and am starting to consider a replacement.

So what would the brain trust suggest as a replacement? I don’t think I’ve ever resawn more than 14” so I don’t “need” to go bigger than that. But I do like the big table and throat capacity of my current saw. I guess I would like to upgrade versus just sidestep but truth be told if my saw worked properly I’d be happy with it.

So let’s keep the budget around $3500ish for the last saw I’d have to buy.

***please don’t let this turn into a bash grizzly thread. I have to say I spent a lot of time on the phone with tech support and they sent a lot of parts back and forth at their expense, but that dog just ain’t gonna hunt. I just can’t figure out what’s wrong with my saw, something broke during a move after it was out of warranty and I just can’t get t to run right.
    Last edited by Marc Burt; 11-18-2017 at 7:46 AM.

MM16 is a good option, and since it is on sale right now, it fits your budget.

I would go with Minimax or you could do the Rikon 18" industrial, I believe it's around $2500

Go for an Italian saw (e.g., Minimax) and be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Mac View Post
    MM16 is a good option, and since it is on sale right now, it fits your budget.
    Agreed. They have some great machines available for like 30% off due to a labelling change coming.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

For $3500 you can buy a few years old Minimax or Laguna, if you're patient you can get a 24" for that money.

I had the same Grizzly saw for six or seven years, and never had any problems with it, mostly running a 1" carbide resaw blade. However I wanted something bigger, so I got a MM20 this summer and sold the Grizzly to my next door neighbor. I'm very happy with the Minimax, and he's happy with the Grizzly, which he uses mostly for bowl blanks.

Minimax MM16 is $2895 + shipping + tax right now.

https://www.scmgroup.com/en_US/scmwo...wood/promo-usa and scroll down....Minimax s 400P is the MM16 at the price Robert mentions.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...