Thread: Unisaw in Canada

Unisaw in Canada

I have been searching online and I have yet to find a place in Canada that sells Unisaw.
    Is it available?
    i am sure I can go to a tool store and they will order one but I am surprised that there are not even any online retailers.

Has anyone purchased a unisaw in Canada recently?
    The threads I have seen are 3-4 years old.

thanks,
    Aaron

I guess the first question is are you sure you really want a new one? Delta has fallen off the map for most of us due to poor customer service and lack of pets availability. I’m not sure how good the new Unisaw really is anyway. Most people buying new these days and spending that much are buying Sawstop, Grizzly, or a Euro slider.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    I guess the first question is are you sure you really want a new one? Delta has fallen off the map for most of us due to poor customer service and lack of pets availability. I’m not sure how good the new Unisaw really is anyway. Most people buying new these days and spending that much are buying Sawstop, Grizzly, or a Euro slider.
    Or Jet or Powermatic. The reviews on new Unisaws seem pretty good but with the "who knows" status of parts & service, there seem to be lower risk choices.

Delta is all but dead. If you want to spend that kind of money then get a PM2000 or SawStop. Otherwise Get a Grizzly 1023 or 690.

Or satisfy your Unisaw urge and get a real one, and older one. Mine is a 56 (IIRC) and I love it. Lots of parts availability too on the used market.

I guess that was in the back of my mind.
    if I can’t find a retailer for Unisaw, should I get it.
    Sawstop is everywhere in Canada and it sounds like they have good service.
    thanks to all for replying.