Thread: RIP Malcolm Young

RIP Malcolm Young

ACDC guitarist Malcolm Young is no longer with us. Arguably the greatest rhythm guitarist of our time. The music lives on.
    Every construction obeys the laws of physics. Whether we like or understand the result is of no interest to the universe.

They're (rockers) starting to drop like flies.

I read also David Cassidy (hmmm rocker? Well...close enough I guess)is in critical condition.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Hard to think about bands we grew up with getting older and no one to take their place.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Never was a fan of them but 64 is too young.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

To put ACDC in context, the top selling album of all time was Michael Jackson's 'Thriller'. Second on that list? 'Back in Black' by ACDC. Cheers
    Every construction obeys the laws of physics. Whether we like or understand the result is of no interest to the universe.

Wayne,

I don't mean to be argumentative, but surely Eduard Khil is right behind Michael Jackson. I mean really - how can AC/DC ever compete with THIS

Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 11-20-2017 at 7:51 AM.

Frederick, that is tro -lo -low- trolling! Should only be used for riot control !

Sad to see that AC/DC is done. Never saw them in concert but always wanted to.

Red
    RED

I also love AC DC tunes and am sad to hear of Malcolm's passing. Some reports indicated he died of Dementia??? I didn't know that was possible. Also very sad that I never went to see them live.

Blog Entries
    I believe he died of Alzheimer’s, not exactly the same as dementia. The brain has to be seen to diagnose Alzheimer’s, so the diagnosis is usually made after death.

I got to see AC DC in Atlanta not too long ago, great show. “School Boy” killed it! I was there.
    https://youtu.be/6J6OZzh4GmI

Saw Foo Fighters in Birmingham a couple weeks ago, and now they are coming to Atlanta too, so will see them again. Rock & Roll!
    https://youtu.be/JozAmXo2bDE
    Last edited by Mike Holbrook; 11-21-2017 at 12:45 AM.

Fred, you may have to explain that one to me...?

I never saw ACDC live either much to my regret.
    Favourite songs? Long Way to the Top and Thunderstruck are mine.
    Bon Scott or Brian Johnson? Both legendary vocals.
    Made it onto the list of Australia's significant exports? Yep, ACDC. Cheers