Thread: End of year power tool sale or promotions????

End of year power tool sale or promotions????

Looking to replace some old saws / tools in my shop. Going for a new Sawstop, SuperMax sander, Dewalt planer and either a Mini Gorilla or a Clear Vue cyclone dust collector.

Do we think any of these will go on some type of Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Years sale? Best places to look for any sales?

Thanks

You just missed a Supermax sale at Acme Tools. The email ad I got said 10%. I had been waiting for a sale on the 16-32 Supermax and 10% was not enough to make me pull the trigger. Just for fun I put it in my cart and it rang up $200.00 off $1199.00 ! That was enough to trip my trigger. I checked earlier today and it has left Chicago with its next stop in Atlanta. Says it will not make it to Tampa before the Tday long weekend though.

When did Acme have the Supermax sale?

They had an 11% site wide for Veterans Day. I don’t recall seeing a specific supermax sale. I picked mine up during the same sale last year.

I ordered my Supermax 19-38 during the Veterans day sale at Acme tools on the 12th. I received partial shipment ( casters and sandpaper ) Thursday. In the box was a thank you for ordering from them and they gave me a discount code for 15% ( up to $200 off ) for my next online purchase within 30 days of my original invoice. So I took advantage of the 15% and ordered the fold out tables and a Tormek T8. The discount excluded Sawstop but Dewalt was listed as available for the discount. My 19-38 will be delivered tomorrow. Good luck in your quest for new toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Bates View Post
    Looking to replace some old saws / tools in my shop. Going for a new Sawstop, SuperMax sander, Dewalt planer and either a Mini Gorilla or a Clear Vue cyclone dust collector.

Do we think any of these will go on some type of Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Years sale? Best places to look for any sales?

Thanks
    SawStop won't go on sale, although they do have promotions where they throw in a mobile base or their DC boom. Note that the boom is NOT the new boom that includes an overhead blade guard as well. I don't think they have such a promotion going on currently... check their site. Pretty much all vendors participate in the SawStop promos when they crop up.

Oneida, here's to hoping they do something for us non-business folks. Right now they're marketing on end-of-year tax savings, which don't make a hill of beans difference to someone not doing this to make money.

SuperMax, since Laguna acquired them over the summer, MAY be included in the Laguna 10% off at Woodcraft (and perhaps others?) for their Black Friday sale. You'd have to check with 'em.

You can get $25 off over $100 on much DeWalt stuff now at multiple sources, don't know if there's anything better that can be applied to the larger items.

No clue on Clear Vue.
    Last edited by John Sanford; 11-20-2017 at 2:04 PM.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

Dang! I sure thought I checked all the sites on Veterans Day! I guess I missed it. And, that is good info on the coupon. Might pay to order one tool at a time...Someone should write a song about that...

Thanks Gents...I will keep my eyes peeled. Hopefully some good sales will come up by the year end.