Thread: A Couple of Voids

A Couple of Voids

A couple of voids
    Today at 08:59:25

This is a piece of mulberry burl and is 5 ½”W x 3 ½”H. My inside is not as smooth, or has as even thickness as I would like, but this was my first experience with a piece having such a huge voids. C&C welcome
    IMG_0409.jpg IMG_0411.jpg
    Last edited by Steve Schlumpf; 11-20-2017 at 7:35 PM.

That'll never hold water!! J/K, I would imagine that was a challenge to turn, very nicely done!!

These are always fun because you don't have to stop the lathe to empty the shavings! Nice work!! Thanks for sharing!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Nicely done Steve. That should be a fairly easy sell.
    Tony

"Soldier On"

Quote Originally Posted by Tony De Masi View Post
    Nicely done Steve. That should be a fairly easy sell.
    That would make a really classy den for a reptile or hedgehog kept by a rich person. (I once hollowed out a piece with carving tools for a friend with a hedgehog.)

Steve, remember that it's not the destination, but the journey. A really nice piece.
    Joe

Daryl, I can remember which woodturner it is, but below his name, he states, "If it can't hold soup, it must be art."

Steve, I still have to blow the saving out, I wrapped it in shrink wrap before I started hollowing it out. Helps hold it together and keeps things from flying across the shop.

Wow! I admire your imagination to have envisioned a vessel form coming out of that hunk of burl.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Pretty sweet outcome Steve. Wish I could say the mulberry looks good too but there ain't none there!!!!!! Wow
    Member Turners Anonymous Pittsburgh, PA