Thread: Nozzle for 25.4mm (1") lens

Nozzle for 25.4mm (1") lens

Does anyone know where I can get an air assist nozzle for a 20mm diameter 25.4mm (1") focal length lens?
    I purchased a couple of 25.4mm lenses to experiment with higher detail engraving of photographs but have been unable to find the appropriate nozzle for the lenses.
    I checked with Light Object and also checked ebay. Both have nozzles for a 38.1mm lens but nothing for a 25.4mm lens.

Blog Entries
    Don't know where, but I've been using a 50mm since I got my laser. Decided to try the 38mm lens a few weeks ago and it has a different tube and nozzle. Once installed, I only had 4mm gap and with a ruler I've added to my edges, I need a 6mm gap at minimum. (50mm was 7mm) So I ended up moving the lens closer to the end of the tube by moving one of the extra rings, and I ground the nose off the nozzle to increase further. I now have 12mm gap under the 38mm nozzle. And I DO like this. I don't have to be nearly as careful with materials. Amazing what 5mm increase will do. Don't be afraid to alter the tip......
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

I found that when engraving I get better results with the air off

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Carrier View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get an air assist nozzle for a 20mm diameter 25.4mm (1") focal length lens?
    I purchased a couple of 25.4mm lenses to experiment with higher detail engraving of photographs but have been unable to find the appropriate nozzle for the lenses.
    I checked with Light Object and also checked ebay. Both have nozzles for a 38.1mm lens but nothing for a 25.4mm lens.
    I use I think a system similar to what Rodne does, just a flexible (but stay in place once moved) tube directing air at the cut. In my case, but Rodne is different if I recall, I use a machining mister type articulating hard plastic "hose". I find what it might lack in directly downward airflow is more than made up for with the extra clearance (so cut pieces that flip up don't get hit by the nozzle) and easier lens changes or cleaning as I don't have to un-thread the air fitting.

good luck!
    80 watt RECI 1290 Shenhui laser.
    Chinese Quick CNC 5x10 toolchange
    Unofficial record holder of 6 tubes shipped for one machine. 2 defective and 4 broken. Recommend Coletech for replacement tube!