Thread: DC Ducting Installed

DC Ducting Installed

Thanks to several of you on this forum, I finally got my DC system started. I have some work to do to add collection to my new router table, miter saw. i also need to modify the table saw to accept a 6" port on the back of the cabinet and a 4" collector at the blade guard. Will also add a drop for a future bandsaw. However, I thought I'd update you all with progress. Here's what I've set up so far. You can see the main is capped after the wye, which is where I will eventually extend it to the other tools. The seams are sealed with either hot glue (at the blast gates) or foil tape. It works pretty well, I must say despite the sharp 90* bends I had to put in.
    23755670_10155783393693745_7916892631933434130_n.jpg
    Last edited by Alex Gauthier; 11-22-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Had to.put in? At least the one closest was a choose to put in

they look like long 90's not short radius ones.

They are and so far it's humming along just fine though it's a really short run. My hope was to use two 45*s separated by maybe 18" or straight pipe but there just isn't a way to do that in that spot. I'll have to terminate the run on the other side of the shop some day so I'm hoping that efficiency is still good after yet another 90 to drop to machines on the far wall. That's a problem for another day though.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Porter View Post
    they look like long 90's not short radius ones.

Well that's true. I suppose I wan't willing to sacrifice the airspace above the saw etc to do a more gradual drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    Had to.put in? At least the one closest was a choose to put in