Thread: Macros for Wincnc

Macros for Wincnc

anyone have any insight or link to more detailed information on writing macros for wincnc? I've read the pdf but is it as simple as writing the code as you would for a .tap file and saving as a mac?

Mark...
    I find my way thru them, and actually have a couple hour class on that very subject. That said, to answer your question, yes it is that simple. This assumes that what you place in the file is correct.

I usually have my attendees make copies of common macros on their machines, watch them run if needed, then look up the individual codes in the manual and annotate the file. This usually give you an idea of syntax and flow. What are you trying to accomplish?

If you need some direction, email with your questions: GCNC411 (at) gmail.com
    Gary Campbell
    CNC Replacement & Upgrade Controllers
    Custom 9012 Centroid ATC

Just trying to automate some operations and get a bit more fluent with Gcode.

I've been doing exactly as you mention, running the macros that are manufacturer supplied and watching them run then printing them out and listing the operations for each line. Its a lot to get ones head around lol.

Mark...
    It does take some getting used to, but it seems to come with practice. What types of operations are you trying to automate? I may have some examples I can send your way.
    Gary Campbell
    Custom 9012 Centroid ATC

Other than a few piddly things I'd like to ultimately work out an edge finding and center finding routine with the probe. Something similar to what machine shop equipment often has.

Mark...
    Look into setting up an input for your probe as an "alt lo/hi" limit. Then look over the "L91" line in any of the G37 macros that move the head in a given direction and stops when contact is made. Post if you have more questions
    Gary Campbell
    Custom 9012 Centroid ATC