Thread: Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to my Neander pals. This morning, I'll be bringing to bear all the blade sharpening know-how I've learned here on a different sort of edged tool. If all goes well, gossamer shavings of delicious turkey should be getting produced early this afternoon.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Rob, and to everyone else here!
    Fred

Blog Entries
    Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends who haven't yet met.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Luter View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving to my Neander pals. This morning, I'll be bringing to bear all the blade sharpening know-how I've learned here on a different sort of edged tool. If all goes well, gossamer shavings of delicious turkey should be getting produced early this afternoon.
    Could you please make mine a thicker cut?

Happly Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Our Thanksgiving will be tomorrow, and I am thankful for one of our two daughters family being here and of course one set of grand kids.

The plan for tomorrow is to fly rockets with them. The rockets are older than either of their two parents, and they brought some rockets also. The main plan, of course, is for the kids to have a good time. I have been repairing three of my old rockets for tomorrow.

I did work on a piece of 1/4" mahogany plywood for the oldest grand child to work on a wooden toy kit he is working on. I had to plane down the the edges to get them straight, as I had cut them years ago with a hand saw, and didn't get it very straight, and also the edges were splintered. I helped the two oldest ones, and they used the planes with grandpa's help. I was using a Winchester block plane and a #04 Ohio plane, both of them had belonged to my grandfather, so they were in the 5th generation of the family to use the plane. I think they were too young to appreciate it, but maybe they eventually will get the significance.

Again, happy Thanksgiving,

Stew