Thread: Cabinet makers in Telluride

Cabinet makers in Telluride

A good friend has left Windermere, FL and bought 35 acres in Telluride. He’s currently shopping architects and is half-jokingly offering for me to build his cabinets. That’s not logistically possibly for me.

Do any of you know reputable cabinet builders in that area? It’s gonna be a big one.
    -Lud

Joe Calhoun in Ouray, Colorado. Extremely talented, a gentle giant, knowledgeable to the max, and one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. I️ took his shaper class a few years ago, and am still in awe . . . and no one has ever accused me of being too generous with compliments. Patrick

I️ assume he does cabinets, or can point you in the right direction. His specialty, I️ believe, are euro windows and doors.

I thought of Joe but didn’t put a map on Ouray. I’ll shoot him a PM. Thanks
    -Lud

We don’t do much in cabinets anymore but can put you in touch with the top shops.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Wasner View Post
    1300 miles for me. I'll go anywhere door the right job
    You just want an excuse to hit the slopes.
    -Lud

I'd be hitting the orthopedic surgeon shortly thereafter

Right now you would be hitting rocks. They usually open by Thanksgiving but not this year..

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Calhoon View Post
    Right now you would be hitting rocks. They usually open by Thanksgiving but not this year..
    My guess is, if he's just looking for an architect now, there won't be a hole in the ground for at least six months. Maybe more.

He normally likes to move pretty fast, but I could be wrong on this build.

Joe, did you get my PM? I used my phone and when I looked later on the PC there was nothing in my “sent” folder.
    -Lud

Hi Justin
    Saw the message, at the kids for the weekend and 2 year old twins and a 4 year old are keeping me on the run. I can go back to work next week to rest up... I will get back to you.

The permit process in Telluride can take some time and money depending on the project. One advantage of dealing with local architects is they know the process. Smart not to take long distance cabinet work. I did that a few times for local clients other homes and never easy.