Thread: Resaw king sharpening

Resaw king sharpening

My Resaw King (1'' wide) needs resharpening. I had it done once by Laguna and did not think it was done as well as it could be. Are there any other sharpening vendors on the west coast that anybody can recommend? OK, east coast too.

http://www.dailysawservice.com/ I don't know if they will do as good as Laguna. They have sharpened my WoodMaster ct.
    Good luck
    Aj

I'd be curious to know what you thought to be somewhat deficient with the resharpening services at Laguna. I am planning to order some more of the Resaw King 3/4" & 1" in the near future. Planning to send two for resharpening also.

Quote Originally Posted by Morey St. Denis View Post
    I'd be curious to know what you thought to be somewhat deficient with the resharpening services at Laguna. I am planning to order some more of the Resaw King 3/4" & 1" in the near future. Planning to send two for resharpening also.
    I sent my RK off to Laguna for its first resharpening. Just today I was cutting some 1" thick white oak with the returned blade and noticed the 'wavy' pattern to the cut. Blades not tracking well either. This is maybe the 3rd time I've used it since it was returned. Blade worked great when it's sharp

Quote Originally Posted by Morey St. Denis View Post
    My impression of how the blade cut after Laguna sharpened it was that it cut better and faster before it became dull and had to be sent in. But that is merely my inexperienced experience.

http://downeastsharpening.me/index.php

He just sharpened a Resaw King and a Lenox Trimaster. First resharpening for both. Haven't tried the Laguna yet but the Lenox cuts as well or better than new. He charges $20 each. I suggest you send a prepaid return shipping label. Referred to me by Bandsaw Blades Direct.