Thread: Cast Iron Table Saw Router Extension Wing 27" in a 29" Table - Can I use 2 1" Wood F

Cast Iron Table Saw Router Extension Wing 27" in a 29" Table - Can I use 2 1" Wood F

I would like to put a PeachTree Cast Iron Router Extension Wing on to a Jet Tablesaw. The issue is the Jet and PM tables are 29" deep but the PeachTree Cast Iron Router Extension Wing is only 27" deep.

However, why could I not make two approximately 1" deep wood filler pieces (for want of a better word) and the same thickness as the Extension Wing. I would put one filler piece in front and in back of the extension wing. One filler would go between the fence rail bracket on the front of the saw and the Cast Iron Router Extension Wing. The other would go between the Cast Iron Router Extension Wing and the rear "L" channel. Then on the front of the saw I could use like 2" bolts through the front rail bracket then thru the 1" wood shim then through the Cast Iron Router Extension Wing. On the back I would put 2" long bolts through the rear "L" channel through the 1" wood shim then through the Cast iron Router Extension wing. And tighten everything up nice and tight. Bada-Bing-Bada-Boom a 27" wing installed in a 29" space.

So basically - the two 1" wood filler pieces would just fill the 2" gap between the 27" Cast Iron Router Extension Wing and the 29" wide opening between the front rail bracket and the rear "L" channel on the Jet Tablesaw. Since the Jet and Powermatic table saw tables are 29" and the PeachTree Wing is designed to fit a 27" deep table saw table. So the wood would just be a filler.

Thoughts?

Ken it would work fine. The middle hole in the extension would also line up for a bolt into the table as well.

There's no reason why that wouldn't work. Do the holes on the Peachtree line up wit the Jet? If you have to drill holes, why not shift the wing to the front and add a single 2" filler at the back?
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I would flush the CI extension up with the front of the saw and fill in at the back. You want the front of the saw as clean as possible.

It should work just fine.
    I do like Johnny's idea though, and agree that it would be a much cleaner appearance.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    There's no reason why that wouldn't work. Do the holes on the Peachtree line up wit the Jet? If you have to drill holes, why not shift the wing to the front and add a single 2" filler at the back?
    This. Even if you need to drill new mounting holes. That will provide for the best table saw operation, IMHO.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...