Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minimax SC2 sliding table repair...

So I figured that I should update this thread. I ordered bearings both 5/8 and 16mm as per Peter Kelly's advice from Mcmaster -Carr. I also got a piece of hard felt. The bearing "cage" has two pieces of felt that fit between the ways at each end,these keep the cage centered as well as clean the ways. Got my parts yesterday and went at it,end result is my slider is back together and works real well. I also learned a lot in the process. I am really impressed with the way this saw is designed and built. It probably will not be my last piece of minimax machinery. Thanks for all the replies and offers of help, Mike.

I'm glad your saw is fixed and you are happy with the repairs. The McMaster-Carr bearings are definitely less expensive than the OEM bearings! I buy a lot of hardware and tools from McMaster-Carr, and their return policy is great.

'Glad you got it all fixed up, Mike! I personally really enjoy my SCM/Minimax machines, too. I think they are a good value for the money. But yea...parts from PartsPronto seem to be "gold plated", so going aftermarket with McMaster-Carr, etc., is definitely the way to go when we can.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

If you can get a drawing, Lee over at Sharkguard can make riving knives in different thicknesses. He has made some for my old Robinson and they are huge. Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kreinhop View Post
    I'm glad your saw is fixed and you are happy with the repairs. The McMaster-Carr bearings are definitely less expensive than the OEM bearings! I buy a lot of hardware and tools from McMaster-Carr, and their return policy is great.
    OT but McMaster ships from US to Europe or do they have a warehouse overseas? I'm always amazed at the speed with which they ship ex) next day delivery in NYC area just using UPS ground.

Glad to hear the repair was a success!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kelly View Post
    OT but McMaster ships from US to Europe or do they have a warehouse overseas? I'm always amazed at the speed with which they ship ex) next day delivery in NYC area just using UPS ground.
    I work for the DoD and have a U.S. address through the military APO system. I can buy almost anything I want from the U.S., as long as everything I order can be mailed through the USPS.