Thread: Lamello Cabineo RTA Connectors

Lamello Cabineo RTA Connectors

Andrew had mentioned the new Cabineo connectors from lamello on another forum. I finally got around to trying them, and I must say I am quite impressed how well they hold. The connectors are hammered into the groove, and the screw protrudes from the connector enough to help align the parts easily. I bolted these two cabinets together in less than 10min, and that was the first time I had tried these connectors. I had been using blind half dados, but these will reduce the cut time quite a bit and if you want to flat pack the panels for shipping this will save time there. I thought I would share.

Lamello site info: http://www.cabineo.ch/en/

I know it is melamine, egad. The stuff is flat, a reliable thickness, cheap, and pre-finished.

VAN-SH1.jpg

VANITY-BOXES.jpg

Nice, I like that all of the machine work can be done from the top, and you don't end up with fragile edges like when doing the half blind route. Do they seem to align well? Looks good in the pictures, but hard to say.
    Brian Lamb
    Lamb Tool Works, Custom tools for woodworkers
    Equipment: Felder KF700 and AD741, Milltronics CNC Mill, Universal Laser X-600

I was pleasantly surprised how well they align. They were about as perfect as I could expect from my machine.

I didn't want to see the connectors from inside the cabinet on the bottom panel, so I put the connectors on the underside of the panel. To do this the screws are only 5mm from the edge of the side panels (look at the bottom right of the picture). I do not like that much, but it seemed to hold fine. They show load capacity for all different connections expect that one. Cabinets with built-in kicks will make it better to hide the connectors. Knowing lamello I expect they will come out with a thicker connector eventually. It is all about the consumables in that world.

Given that the screw angles up and the load forces from the top and down the sides will work with that angle better, I wouldn't be worried unless you think the connector could slide out of the bottom? I use Blum legs and removable toe kicks on all my cabinets.
    Brian Lamb
    Lamb Tool Works, Custom tools for woodworkers
    Equipment: Felder KF700 and AD741, Milltronics CNC Mill, Universal Laser X-600

It looks like you are able to run these back to back on a partition? Does the screw only go 3/8" into the material? Or is that incorrect and they need to be staggered?

Mark, they make an 8mm and 12mm option. The 8mm is for a partition wall like you mention. The partition thickness must be 16mm or greater. The only difference between the two options is the screw.

Brian, you are probably correct. I was overthinking racking of the cabinet. Overthinking sometimes is kind of my thing. haha

We just got these implemented into our cabinet software and going to give them a go.

I was tired of the lingering over spray after finishing parts so I built a hood with a larger fan and filters. I should have used a much thicker filter, but I did not feel like spending $300 on filters. I only spray water based finishes, so I did not use an explosion proof fan. The box measures 48"x48"x92" and exhausts out a window. I built this using the cabineo connectors am pleased how well they worked. I do not think I could have put it all together by myself as easy using the other connector styles. I could easily get the parts lined up, and use a screw gun in the other hand to tighten them up.

Spray_Hood.jpg