Thread: Visit from a Saint today

Visit from a Saint today

St. Leger, that is.

A sunny day at the farm, Mark brought his three daughters and their beautiful families to see the llamas, alpacas, peacocks, beehives, etc. etc. Mark sure has some wonderful grandkids!

We peeked in the shop but didn't have time to play this visit.

Mark is holding his piece of ebony. I use ebony to bribe woodturners to visit.

JKJ

What a great looking bunch!

I did a double take when I saw the llamas. Initially saw two heads but only one body, and thought I was seeing a PushMePullYou from Dr. Doolittle...

Hey John,
    Your shop is way too clean!! You need a nice big pile of lathe curlies in there hanging all over everything.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Trent View Post
    What a great looking bunch!

I did a double take when I saw the llamas. Initially saw two heads but only one body, and thought I was seeing a PushMePullYou from Dr. Doolittle...
    I had exactly the same thought.
    Bill

Mark is a great teacher but a better person. Looks like nice visit.
    Tony

"Soldier On"

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Trent View Post
    I noticed that! It was a good picture of Mark though.

One interesting thing: Angel is the llama in the front. Sophia in the back is actually an alpaca. I'd have to name it Miss Chimera.

JKJ

I don't suppose that you have one named Dolly.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Boehme View Post
    I don't suppose that you have one named Dolly.
    No but I have one named Bubinga.

llama_little_girl_IMG_20130.jpg

Years ago a woman who brought her son for a custom magic wand was looking though some wood and when I told her one piece was Bubinga she said that sounded like a great name for a llama. It has a nice ring to it. Come to think of it, a woman who brought her granddaughter here just this afternoon for a custom wand loved the name - she said in the sun his coat even looked kind of like the Bubinga wand I showed them.

JKJ

I believe I've met Mark at some point; perhaps at a symposium years ago. 'Glad you had a great visit!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I believe I've met Mark at some point; perhaps at a symposium years ago. 'Glad you had a great visit!
    Mark has a great sense of humor, calm and quiet (opposite of me), excellent turner. One of his daughters lives near us and since all of the daughters and families and Mark had converged for Thanksgiving it was the perfect opportunity for a family farm outing. Good clean fun.

John, I love that last picture, it looks as if the little one is comparing the color of her hair against the llama's.
    Len

Quote Originally Posted by Len Mullin View Post
    John, I love that last picture, it looks as if the little one is comparing the color of her hair against the llama's.
    Len
    That's one of my favorites too - the little neighbor girl was so excited! Llamas are incredibly gentle around kids.

Don't get me started, I have many, many photos of kids with our animals. Oops, too late, somebody stop me...

donkeys_IMG_20151127_133448.jpg llama_feed.jpg animals_picinic_IMG_2016062.jpg alex_horse.jpg
    farmday_2008.jpg pre_teens_horse.jpg alpaca_dria_IMG_20160925_18.jpg Horse_Chris_IMG_20150523_11.jpg

The little girl in the last picture was a special visitor - she has been blind since birth and has a form of cerebral palsy but can walk a little with a cane (and some help). She had never been close to animals like this and never touched a horse. She was instantly in love - wanted to take it home! Then after petting the alpaca she wanted to take IT home...

JKJ

John, YOU are a saint.

Love the pix — keep ‘em coming!