Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LV Cyber Monday

What dovetail saw are you referring to thats on sale?
    Last edited by Roy Turbett; 11-27-2017 at 9:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Turbett View Post
    Dovetail Saw - Manufacturing Second

3. Quote Originally Posted by Roy Turbett View Post
    Looks like it hasn't sold out (yet): http://www.leevalley.com/us/home/pag...at=900132&ap=1

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Weckesser View Post
    Looks like it hasn't sold out (yet): http://www.leevalley.com/us/home/pag...at=900132&ap=1
    Thanks. Ordered one.

Me too. Never experienced tool anhedonia before.

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Thanks for the tip Simon!
    You are welcome. If you are to order the track, contact Customer Service so your track is shipped with your shooting plane without separate shipping fees.

Simon

Not sure if you picked up the Veritas saw. But interestingly, Joel at Tools for Working Wood (after seeing our exchange here???) wrote this today in his blog about the Veritas saw, even though Gramercy was his preferred choice:

"The Veritas saw is well made, inexpensive (1/4 of the cost of ours), works very well, but way too modern for my tastes. I don't think it is as easy to use as our saw, but it's the best deal in well-made pistol grip saws."

The Cyber Monday deal at $51 was the best deal of the best deal hands down.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Simon MacGowen View Post
    Not sure if you picked up the Veritas saw. But interestingly, Joel at Tools for Working Wood (after seeing our exchange here???) wrote this today in his blog about the Veritas saw, even though Gramercy was his preferred choice:

"The Veritas saw is well made, inexpensive (1/4 of the cost of ours), works very well, but way too modern for my tastes. I don't think it is as easy to use as our saw, but it's the best deal in well-made pistol grip saws."

The Cyber Monday deal at $51 was the best deal of the best deal hands down.

Simon
    +1. I hadnt seen his blog. But your quote of it reinforces my existing opinion that Joel is a pretty stand-up guy, giving credit where due.

Fred
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 11-29-2017 at 6:40 PM. Reason: Mispelling

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    +1. I hadnt seen his blog. But your quote of it reinforces my existing opinion that Joel is a pretty stand-up guy, giving credit where do.

Fred
    Sure enough. One can agree or disagree with his tastes, but not question his objectivity here.

For some tools such as handplanes, I care about the looks; for others, like saws cutting dovetails or tenons, I mind more about the results.

Simon