Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

27 Nov 2017

Good Morning Everyone,
    I just came off of oncall duty. Wasn't terrible but I just don't like the tension that comes with oncall. I've been sick with cold and sinus stuff for the past 10 days. I'm getting better but still, I dislike being sick. No shop work the past week. Thanksgiving was a good day as the family was here to hang out and eat dinner with us. Not much else went on, so I'll stop jabbering.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

The "weekend" included the usual trip to Wegman's for food shopping with Professor Dr. SWMBO on Saturday morning. In the afternoon, I sprayed a few coats of finish on my current commission project...and I'm struggling with it a bit. Perhaps it's just because it's a different product than I'm used to due to the use requirements. Some of it's because of stupidity on my part by not paying attention to the "teeny tiny" type which resulted in a mismatched spray setup for a few coats. But I am getting lots and lots of experience with "leveling" a finish that isn't cutting it. LOL More of the same on Sunday plus I mowed the lawn for what is probably the last time this year...the cut was light but it also took care of the few remaining leaves. I can now rearrange the garage so that the ZTR is tucked away and I can fit the Kubota in there for easier access should there be a need to deal with any "white stuff" this winter.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I survived Thanksgiving with the in-laws .. major weekend accomplishment!

Looks like our well wishes didn't work for you Dennis. Hopefully this week you'll get better.

As long as it was over 50* around here, I spent my part of the weekend digging in 60' of drainage tile for a downspout. That is the last one this year. I do have one that I would like to get in next spring, but I am not sure if I have enough slope to get the drainage I want. Once that was done, I put in some borders around a flower bed to hold the mulch in on the side of the house. It is an extension of the retaining wall I put in a few weeks ago, so there is a bit of a slope.

I also set up a new TV. A black Friday purchase, I picked up a 50" Sony. (No, not one specifically built for black Friday, a regular model but on sale.) It replaces a 32" el cheapo model. Whoa, what a difference. Now to figure out everything it does.

All I did was put up Christmas stuff, spend Friday doing inside and Saturday and parts of Sunday doing outside. Still have one thing to do but I have to make a run to Lowes before I can, that I'll do tomorrow.