Thread: Lily earned her new stable for sure.

Lily earned her new stable for sure.

Lily (8ysld) and I made an Ana White plan of an American Girl like 18" doll sized horse stable yesterday. We used qtr sawn red oak and maple ply. Joinery was Dominos and 23ga pins for clamping. Glue and screws attached the ply. Lily had asked for a stable for a couple garage sale horses grandma found. I said we can sure give it a try. She earned this one folks. Hoping it means more to her because of that. Happy Holidays everyone.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Very cool Mike! Good to see kids interested in the shop. I bet she’ll enjoy telling her friends that she made the stable by herself, with a little help.

Little girls and horses

Lily will cherish the memories, take a lot of pictures!
    My granddaughter Morgan has loved horses all her life. She's a teenager now and rides her neighbors Appaloosa weekly. She’s working on mom & dad to buy her her own..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Nice project Mike and Lily!

What a great Dad you are Mike. I think it's very empowering for a child to build there own things.
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

Good work, and I'm sure the horses are glad to be in a more stable environment. Love to see the photos of children,I've noticed that the boys often work with an intense expression while the girls always look happy. The happiest looking people we see around here are young women walking with only their dog for company.

Wow...she did a great job!!!!

And it's a good thing that she's willing to make things...so many folks just want to run to the store and spend money when making can not only be less expensive and more expedient, but also provide a better end product. Learning this early is a good thing!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Joiner View Post
    What a great Dad you are Mike. I think it's very empowering for a child to build there own things.
    +1. Well done Mike!

LOVE to see this! Good for her! I know that stable will be cherished for years (unlike the molded plastic alternative most kids tire of in a few months).
    Absolutely wonderful that you have such an awesome space for her use too!

thanks for showing Lily's accomplishment with us. Delightful post.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Nicely done!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Lily is a lucky young lady to have such a cool dad. Very nice work, Miss Lily!