Thread: Full Spectrum Dual Head Engraver Issues (Smart Carve 4.3 Software)

Exclamation Full Spectrum Dual Head Engraver Issues (Smart Carve 4.3 Software)

Hello All,

My company recently purchased 2 Full Spectrum laser engravers from a 3rd party source that owned them for a several years. We have currently managed to work with the "Pro-S Series 36"x24" and to send over files for vector and rasterizing within "Retina Engraver" with help over the phone. But the second laser engraver is a CMAT Dual Head Laser Engraver which uses a different software called: "Smart Carve". We cannot get in contact with seller since the exchange.

We are trying to print to the Dual Head Printer through a usb cable linking up to the Dual Head Engraver. I can bring in files as a .dxf format for Smart Carve. The scaling is fine, but the line work is skewed from the original artwork. The lines become very straight in areas for lettering missing curves to finish the letters, no matter what changes I make to the settings when importing artwork. I made sure in the layers the artwork color matches the design in the imprint field and is visible and able to process. After I align the artwork with the print area, I go up to the option to hit "Carve Out". It is says the port communication is successful in the other "machine settings" tab as "COM 9".

When I hit "Carve Out" to the Dual Head Printer recognizes the file as: "PC File" on the control panel. I flipped on the switch to power the machine and turned the key to turn on the control panel, we have a cooler that is running as well with a large vacuum. When I hit the "Start/Pause" button, it beeps and gives me a message of: "LOFF" which I read means "Laser Off". I checked the power supplies for both lasers are fully functional, the CO2 Laser Tubes are brand new, I gave a test fire with "Pulse" which fired on top of the honeycomb sheet.

The question I have is that I'm so close to using the engraver, but don't understand why it keeps giving me the "LOFF" when everything seems to be fully functional and operational. The display says: "COOL" when I first turn everything. And when I press "Start/Pause" it changes to "L-ON" but then before a second passes by the control panel display message changes right back to "LOFF". The previous owner had files in the Memory that he saved including the demonstration file he used to show and sent them over via ethernet (I believe my coworker watched the demonstration but he is unsure of the transfer method). When I select those files it engraves them without a problem showing the message "L-ON" when firing. I was wondering if people had similar issues when using the printer and if so how could the issue be resolved? I am also wondering how do you save files to the dual head printer itself for use later on? I was able to bring over .plt files through the usb port but again not able to save them to the memory of the printer. Are there certain settings through Smart Carve I have to make sure are showing, turned on, or made to certain specifications?

I've gone through the software manufacture for help and may still need some assistance, but now I need assistance with understanding in better detail for the Dual Head Printer.

Thank you

IMG_2412.jpgIMG_2398.jpgFull Spectrum Dual Head Laser Engraver.jpg

I don't think theres to many here familiar with your laser , so getting help here may be difficult. Have you tried calling FSL??
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

My first laser was a FSL and I found a lot of useful information and help on this board https://fullspectrumforum.com/index.php
    Universal 60w VLS6.60 w/ rotary
    RayFine 30w MOPA
    Corel X8, Photoshop

Fab shop with South Bend Heavy 10, Bridgeport 9x42, 185a welder and a multitude of supporting tools/equipment

Your issue is that isn't a Full Spectrum laser, it's a Chinese laser using SmartCarve. Full Spectrum will not be able to help you with that.

Yes Bert you are correct, it is a Chinese Smart Carve Dual Head Engraver. After countless talks between Full Spectrum (which I thought it was by at first), or talking to the software company HueMing Laser that developed Smart Carve. I've gotten further along than I had originally started. But now am resorting to asking because I have no other leads. Again thank you for posting back and responding, if anyone has any information to help out would be much appreciated at this point. Thank you all again!

Can you take a pic of the controller card inside Taylor? I have a nagging memory that Smart Carve machines used a derivative of the early Com based Leetro cards...
    You did what !

Would it perhaps be worth considering installing a Ruida controller? I find RD Works to be the best of the Chinese laser software.
    G. Weike LG900N 100W RECI RDWorks V8
    Leiming LM2513FL 1kW Raycus fiber laser cutter
    Wisely 50W Raycus engraver

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Henriksen View Post
    Would it perhaps be worth considering installing a Ruida controller? I find RD Works to be the best of the Chinese laser software.
    The trick is getting all the settings from the old to the new. But since the Mfg is unwilling or unable to help its about your only option.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Hi there me again. Here is the Controller Card inside the dual head printer, says to be "Connection Board Ver. 2.2. So what I'm gathering so far is that it would seem the controller card and panel on the dual head printer may be faulty or should be replaced if it keeps giving me this error message LOFF. When looking at the Ruida Controllers is there a particular model meant for a large Dual Head CO2 Printer? Also I was looking at another forum here and it appears the controller cards may be difficult if I don't know the language to help set it up. Thanks again and much appreciated!
    IMG_2404.jpg

Deff not a leetro

I agree with the guys, replace it with a Chinese card, personally I'd go with an AWC 708C as it's very future proof
    You did what !

<p>
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    Deff not a leetro I agree with the guys, replace it with a Chinese card, personally I would go with an AWC 708C as it&#39;s very future proof
    I would suggest waiting for reviews of this Lightburn software that is coming out in Jan 2018, it is a replacement for RDworks and works with the same Ruida controllers, but *is not* chinese software....Software author is posting tutorials and doing final tweaks now (some features still to come though), I will be buying to test as soon as it is released. Greg</p>
    Last edited by Greg Facer; 12-05-2017 at 4:12 PM. Reason: messed up formating with apostrophes
    80 watt RECI 1290 Shenhui laser.
    Chinese Quick CNC 5x10 toolchange
    Unofficial record holder of 6 tubes shipped for one machine. 2 defective and 4 broken. Recommend Coletech for replacement tube!

I was looking at different controller cards throughout online. The AWC 807C is a very good card by looking at it and its specifications for it is very easy to adapt to many machines. My co-worker did some digging and researching on his own and was able to look at "LightObject: Laser Innovation" found LO-X7 looks perfect in what we are looking for, plus they are stationed out of Sacramento, CA for support reasons that would make it so much easier, even though it is a bit more expensive than the AWC 708C. With this controller card there are a ton more options to modify digital artwork and modify the machine settings just on the display. The link to the controller card is below

http://www.lightobject.com/X7-DSP-Co...reen-P940.aspx

Essentially we are hoping to bring up the file from an email, open and size it correctly in Adobe Illustrator, print from Adobe Illustrator through the USB or Ethernet Cable (probably Ethernet) to the machine and be able to start engraving from there. Has anyone used this model or something similar that can confirm if it is in fact that easy? The card says it comes with Laser CAD and works with programs like AutoCad, Illustrator and Corel Draw to be printed to.

Hey Greg is there a link or site you can show me for the Lightburn Software? I found some videos through Youtube but am curious about other information regarding it. Thanks again and appreciate the responses!
    Last edited by Taylor Zelhofer; 12-06-2017 at 10:12 AM.