Thread: C A glue

Blog Entries

Unhappy C A glue

who has a good source for C A glue?? I had one a few years ago , but loss my information. ED

Quote Originally Posted by ed hoxter View Post
    who has a good source for C A glue?? I had one a few years ago , but loss my information. ED
    Maybe more info would help get what you are looking for. Looking for any particular brand? Do you want a walk-in store? Buy on line? One bottle or a case? "Standard" CA or specialty? Price or quality more important? Have access to a turning club?

You might try www.Exoticblanks.com, I've purchased glue from them in the past.They sale a brand of C A named "E Z Bond" but I've noticed they sale that brand on Amazon too. you might want to compare prices. I keep my CA in the refrigerator and it keeps for a very long time. Good luck.

Ed, I use Exoticblanks and have been very happy with service and produce. I buy it in the 16 oz bottle and then put it in the 2 oz bottles that are available there as well. I keep the 2 oz bottle in the shop and the remainder of the 16 oz bottle in the refrig. Good luck.

I use Starbond super thin and get it from Amazon. It comes with extra bottles and the tiny nipples that slips over the spout on the bottle. Get 16oz and it lasts me about 4 months. If my memory is correct it cost about $41.
    Fred

I also use Starbond and I get in 16 oz bottles which I keep in the freezer. I no longer buy thick CA as it goes bad too fast, thin is what I use most but always have some medium on hand.

Post CA glue

Ed, I get my CA glue from Vinces Wood Wonders. He has the 8oz for under $16. I also get all of my sanding needs from paper to equipment from him. Yes I know him, everyone recieves the same specal attention, real customer focused and service!

I've had poor "luck" with E-Z bond, good luck with Stickfast. HotStuff is my favorite for thin.

Look at Mercury Adhesives for excellent glue - they even have an unconditional lifetime warranty if it goes bad/sets up in the bottle. Their bottle and cap are the best I've seen.

I've posted this before but to keep CA for extended times a bit of desiccant in a sealed container keeps the moisture out.
    CA_glue_storage_IMG_5481.jpg
    (I use a better container now)

JKJ

Blog Entries
    thanks for the info guys. your a big help. ED

10. Thanks for the Tip! Going into winter I won't be in the shop much.

Our AAW chapter buys in bulk and resells to members at very reasonable prices. I'd need to go check on the brand. but you may want to see if your local chapter does the same.

I also get my CA from Vince's Wood Wonders. A great guy to word with.