Thread: Looking for initial inlays

Looking for initial inlays

Hi everyone. Is anyone aware of who sells small circular initial "disks" or "beads" that I could use for an inlay on a bottle stopper? I want to use the same approach of inlaying a coin, but I want an initial instead. Anybody run across anything that would work? Thanks!

I have made brass and sterling silver disks and then I hand engrave them for inlays. The brass has to be lacquered after inlay to prevent tarnish; the silver will take longer to tarnish, but can be polished easily. PM me and I can maybe help?
    Maker of Fine Kindling, and small metal chips on the floor.
    Embellishments to the Stars - or wannabees.

I had a friend with a laser burn something similar a few years ago.

what material are you thinking and how many? If you want a circle with a letter in it I could make a few on my laser cutter for pretty cheap, I have some maple and walnut in 1/16 thickness.

Thanks guys. I'm really just looking for something somewhat cheap and easy that would work well as an inlay. I was thinking craft stores would have something, but haven't had any luck. I don't have a material (or any particular letters) in mind, was just thinking it would be a good way to personalize the stoppers for gifts. Maybe the laser cutter is the best way to go, but I thought I'd try "off the shelf" first, if anyone knew of anything that would work. Thanks again, you guys are the best!

Hobby lobby has what is called "snap charms" that have initials. About 1/2" diameter hammered silver. $2.99 regular, but usually 50% off.
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

William, awesome, thanks so much. Yes, this is really close to what I was thinking. I'll check out hobby lobby and see what they have.