Thread: Trying to find bandsaw blades comparable to the Viking brand from Lee Valley

Trying to find bandsaw blades comparable to the Viking brand from Lee Valley

Hello,
    I have used and been very happy with the viking blades from lee valley
    http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/pag...,41037&p=30276
    but they do not come in lengths for larger saws (I have used them on my 14 in jet) I am picking up a 20 in delta tomorrow ( I also have a 18in parks/craftsman that I am not happy with the blade), and want to source a comparable blade. They say formerly known as Timberwolf. Is this a comparbale blade?
    http://www.suffolkmachinery.com/
    What size blades will run well on a delta/rockwell 28-350?

Yes, those are comparable blades And Suffolk is the manufacturer so you should be able to get the length you need no problem. You'll need to check the documentation for the new saw or measure the band length one you have the saw physically to determine the correct size.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Yes, those are comparable blades And Suffolk is the manufacturer so you should be able to get the length you need no problem. You'll need to check the documentation for the new saw or measure the band length one you have the saw physically to determine the correct size.
    If you aren't ABSOLUTELY sure of the length, only order one blade. DAMHIK. My first choice in blades are the Lenox bi-metal blades I buy from "Woodcraft Bands."

IME, the people at Suffolk are good stuff.

Once you know the band length, tell them what your cutting and they'll recommend the correct band.

They also keep the info on your saw (s) and what you've bought for each saw. One less thing you have to remember.

Ed

Norseman tools makes excellent drill bits in the USA but I do not think they make sawblades?
    Bill D