Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Look what came in the mail today :)

Look what came in the mail today :)

My new lathe.jpgThere she is, but do you see one very important thing missing?

Well i guess I'm going to have to give it away, i went and took this pic with the modular rest in place but the rest was missing that was supposed to come with the lathe and the modular one that i have in there is to short .

That's a real kick in the pants but congrats to you Ron on your new mustard.
    Member Turners Anonymous Pittsburgh, PA

I do not see the protection cage that usually comes with that lathe. Also I don't think it came by mail. Nice lathe though, I have an older model.
    Last edited by Tom Giacomo; 11-30-2017 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Giacomo View Post
    I do not see the protection cage that usually comes with that lathe. Also I don't think it came by mail. Nice lathe though, I have an older model.
    Maybe it came in the XtraLarge Flat Rate box.

I'm waiting on some turning reports now! (Are you stuck without a rest? Maybe a local turner will loan one, assuming the one for the A or B will work)

JKJ

Now that is a pretty lathe!

Supposed to get my new lathe today as well. One of the last 3520b’s being made.

Well, you are missing a huge pile of shavings..... Have fun..

robo hippy

Yes, that’s what’s missing... wood!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Giacomo View Post
    Yes, no cage. I believe someone said they no longer come with the new lathes and are now and option.

Congrats Ron. That is a nice lathe.
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

Yes , all my rest from other lathes are the wrong size .
    But good idea about borrowing one.

Yes, I can't wait to try out this beast and make some shavings. Been watching so many woodturning videos of other people turning wood it's driving me crazy, and lately I've been watching Stuart Batty videos and noticed scars on his arms and a missing finger, anybody no how this happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Stadler View Post
    Yes , all my rest from other lathes are the wrong size .
    But good idea about borrowing one.
    If you have an extra one with the right diameter shaft you could weld a extension on the bottom.

I had the opposite problem! I like the Robust tool rests and bought one for one of my smaller lathes, a Jet 1642. I accidentally got one to fit the 3520b so I had to saw a bit off the end.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    If you have an extra one with the right diameter shaft you could weld a extension on the bottom.

I had the opposite problem! I like the Robust tool rests and bought one for one of my smaller lathes, a Jet 1642. I accidentally got one to fit the 3520b so I had to saw a bit off the end.

JKJ
    I gave the thought of making my own also, Robust style maybe. don't really know where you find 1" steel rod though, dont think they sell any at the box stores.